Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2001 7:41:21 PM EDT
Aint nothing like spraining not one, but BOTH ankles, and a wrist. Is there?

Anybody got any advil?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit a tree long time ago, almost killed myself.

Forgot to mention, my med. insurance to this date has yet to reimburse me for the hospital bill and transportation.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hit a tree long time ago, almost killed myself.

Forgot to mention, my med. insurance to this date has yet to reimburse me for the hospital bill and transportation.
View Quote

Hey, I did that last year.  Was unconcious for over an hour.  My face still hurts and my teeth are still numb.  Unfortunately, I didn't have health insurance.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
i just started last year, i had a blast.  before i went i bought wrist guards cause i play guitar and i'd be screwed/bored if i messed em up.  havn't hurt myself yet but all i do i turn, don't try any flips or 360's or anything..would like to try sliding some rails though..i can do it on a skateboard so it shouldn't be too different.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going Saturday/Sunday. Hopefully, we'll get some snow this Friday, otherwise it's going to be mostly manmade.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm going Saturday/Sunday. Hopefully, we'll get some snow this Friday, otherwise it's going to be mostly manmade.
View Quote

Break a leg!!! lol
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]
i went for my first time two weeks ago saterday, i fell and and fell and fell, but towards the end of the day i was doing ok. went agin last week end and just friggin shreded! im going again this saterday, i will be KING of that mountain! thanks
DB
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]
And you "enjoy" this? Think I will go snowmobiling through barbed wire fence drunk, sounds more safe.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried snow boarding last year and thought it wasn't going to be that difficult since I am an aggresive skier and can wake board.
Boy was I ever wrong.
I didn't even try to get back up the bunny hill at Heavenly Valley.
I saw three newbie boarders with broken bones that day.
I guess that if you are or were a skate boarder the learning curve wouldn't hurt as bad.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes and no.

Sure there are serious body mechanic differences between the two sports,  but as a skier, you should understand the importance of edge control and how to use them to your advantage.  Not to mention how to dress and deal with the trivialities of "going snow sliding."

Your edges are your brakes and steering. The only thing is, on a board you only have 2 edges as opposed to 4 on skis....
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Anybody got any advil?
View Quote

Did you also bring along that silver shiny thing that when opened, it can project this hot, burning, light looking thingy? You know, a lot of people that suck those white sticks and blow out smoke seem to use them a lot. I don't know what it's called. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody got any advil?
View Quote

Did you also bring along that silver shiny thing that when opened, it can project this hot, burning, light looking thingy? You know, a lot of people that suck those white sticks and blow out smoke seem to use them a lot. I don't know what it's called. [;)]
View Quote

HAHA.. i'm guessing a Zippo and a smoke, correct?
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#13]
It's a gas but I prefer two boards.

We tryied to skiing/snow boarding (son) today but it was snowing too fricking hard.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#14]
i call snowboarding/skieing
Falling cuz thats all i can do
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Snowboarding has a much shorter learning curve than skiing.  And believe it or not, speed is your friend when learning to board.  Momentum is key when practicing turns and stops.

Best thing to do is to take a group lesson and learn the fundamentals.  One you’re comfortable with your stopping ability, try riding down a long bunny slope or a green trail.  You will end up on your butt most of the day if it is your first outing, but if you are persistent, you should start to get the hang of it by the end of the day.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top