Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2001 8:02:25 AM EDT
Anybody have any factual knowledge of Tromix closing it's doors? [url]www.tromix.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
[b][size=6]ACK![/size=6][/b]

Well, maybe my 50AE will go up in value..  Though if this is in fact a permanent closure, that's still just a meager silver lining on a very dark cloud.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Last I talked to Tony he was down to about his last $10,000,000.

If memory serves me correctly the "Tony" has spent none of that money on heating and air.
I'm positive in the heat of the past summer he shut-down for a while.

I suspect Tony and Tromix have just shut-down during the holidays.

(Ponyboy, not "factual" but a decently educated guess based on previous actions.)

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Let's hope so... Just recently it seemed he was talking about restarting the 50BMG project, and had a few other new products...  Seems like There should be some sort of reassuring message like "not taking orders right now" or "closed for the holidays" if that was the case...

Let's hope it's got nothing to do with this: [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=77060[/url]

Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe Tony is on vacation, Or a mission to build more cool stuff.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Tony is in the process of relocating & stoped taking orders. I just talked to him a couple of weeks ago. He is working on orders taken before temp closing & my 2nd 458! Later,Ron
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Well then, he needs to put up a message that doesn't make us so worried!  [:)]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well then, he needs to put up a message that doesn't make us so worried!  [:)]
View Quote

I agree but please cut him some slack as he may have gone into 'seclusion' to complete design of the "Tali-Whacker!"
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#9]
How does closing a web page = seclusion?  It's not like a telephone, man. [:P]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How does closing a web page = seclusion?  It's not like a telephone, man. [:P]
View Quote

Don't have a clue.  I've had problems with Tony's web page but thought it probably just my set-up.  
Maybe he's also taking this opportunity to update his web page.

Santyth, if it pleases you more declare the guy 'out of business.'  Whatever.  My post was meant as a joke but perhaps to you this is no joking matter.
As for me the guy is still in business and will surface.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah!  I would really like to get one of
those .440 Corbon uppers!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#12]
No no no, not trying to get into an argument here.  I'm just saying "Don't make me worry like that!"
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No no no, not trying to get into an argument here.  I'm just saying "Don't make me worry like that!"
View Quote

Got to agree.  The "Tony" should have put-up some sort of temporary message.
(I've got his home number somewhere but since I've just moved "somewhere" is exactly where it is.)
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#14]
That's a silly-ass way to run a business, if he is indeed still in business.  "Sorry, I'm closed?"  Should have left the web site up and running.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Tromix is done.  Lost money three years in a row and I don't need to lose anymore.  Working 7 days a week gets old pretty quick too.  I have a great day job that pays the bills anyway.  I will still honor the warranty on any of the Tromix goodies that are currently in the field though and that includes the last few uppers that will be going out the door by the end of the year.  Now its time to sit back and build some cool toys for "personal use".

Marty at www.teppojutsu.com will be building the .458 SOCOM uppers in the very near future.

The website will be completely removed shortly.

You guys all have a good one......I'm gonna crack a beer and relax.

Tony  Rumore
Tromix Corp
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Well dude, that sucks. I hope at least you had fun with it and I'm sure you made some good lifelong friends.

Hell, if I had known you were just up in OK I might have made a trip up there just to see some of your stuff in the works.

It was my idea for "The Taliwacker" that caused all of this wasn't it? [>(]

Maybe now you'll have some more time to go out and enjoy some of the cool stuff you've been making the last few years.

Here's to retirement (sort of). [beer]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tromix is done.  Lost money three years in a row and I don't need to lose anymore.  Working 7 days a week gets old pretty quick too.  I have a great day job that pays the bills anyway.  I will still honor the warranty on any of the Tromix goodies that are currently in the field though and that includes the last few uppers that will be going out the door by the end of the year.  Now its time to sit back and build some cool toys for "personal use".

Marty at www.teppojutsu.com will be building the .458 SOCOM uppers in the very near future.

The website will be completely removed shortly.

You guys all have a good one......I'm gonna crack a beer and relax.

Tony  Rumore
Tromix Corp
View Quote

[beer]    [beer]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Agh, well that just sucks.  Ahwell, take it easy man.  And don't go to far away from this board, we're always interested in whatever goodies you're cooking up, for sale or otherwise.. [:)]

And for those of you that missed out, did I mention my 50AE is for sale?  (gotta pay bills)
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Tony,

I purchased a .223 Tromix from you earlier this year and I just wanted you to know you are great to work with.  I am more than happy with my purchase and wish you the best of luck in the future.  I guess there is no reason to throw good money after bad though especially when you have a good job and can afford all your hobbies anyway.  

Look at the bright side though; you just made my Tromix a collector’s item without dying!
A true feat for any artisan.

If you get anything else going on let us know, you have a loyal following of customers here (as you should).  

May this year be your best year yet!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Tony,

Sorry to see you go. You had an outstanding product. I am glad I have a Tromix .50AE rifle complete with Tromix lower receiver!

I really wanted a .458 Socom, but was waiting for finances to smooth out a bit.

thanks,

-elliott
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Bummer! I may have to settle for a 10mm upper.

Anyone know how many Tromix .440 Corbon uppers were made?

(Tony?)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top