BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2001 5:19:25 PM EDT
Ok,going shopping tommorow,
and I have money for these two thing which I am VERY interested in getting:
1.X-BOX with Halo
2.a Ferret and supplies

I got tired of upgrading comps,so I'm going with the seemingly powerful X-BOX.
Also,I recently have been showing great interest in aquiring a ferret,after petting one a few days ago,it seemed very loving,and playful.I always thought they were balls of spinning claws and teeth,but it was SUPER friendly and CUUUUUUUUTTTTTTE!!!!!!!!
it was an albino with red eyes,and it made some cute noises.It was a male,which the  owner said that male ferrets are less agressive.
Need help from X-box owners and Ferret owners!

Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont get an animal.  They are only cute and fuzzy for a short while and then they just become another responsibilty.  I'd go with the Gamecube.  Save a hundred and buy a few games.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
A word on the Ferrett.

Think long and hard about a pet.  Once you get one, it's like having a child.  

You want to go out of town for 3 days to see some babe that's invited you to visit, gotta get some one to watch the Ferret.  

Gonna invite some babe to your place, the Ferret smells like hell, you can't smell it, but everyone else does.

My suggestion is to get (cheap) fish.  Anyone will agree to feed your fish if you need to go away, and the maintainence is virtually nil as compared to dogs, cats, ferrets etc.  Plus, if one kicks off line, the toilet is just in the next room.

Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with Jojo (does that have some dark psychological implication.... uh oh...).

No pets. Why create additional responsibility for yourself? It's like putting up christmas lights on your house. You just create extra work for yourself later on taking them all back down again. Who wants to create extra work for themselves?
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
send it to me [:D]

anyway if your not intersted in another system ie GameCube get the x box over the ferret
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Give it to the LotBoy emergency fund.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Find a ferret rescue in your area.
There are thousands of sweet friendly ferrets desperately in need of homes across the country.
Save a little money, and give a deserving fuzzy a break :)
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#7]
damn you and your well-thought replies.
Man,but those ferrets are the coolest things around man!
I've already got a pair of red-eared sliders (terrapins) which I've raised from nickel size up to 3 1/2 years now,so the ferret is not going to be bought to be a "impulse pet" and get tossed or neglected.
Ferret owners seem to rave how they are "better" then dogs and cats.I thought the one I touched the other day was great.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Why spend it, just send it to me!!!

[bounce] [bounce] [bounce]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:23:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I've known a few people that have had ferrets in the past. They said you can train one to use a cat box, but if you let it raom the house they love to burrow through furniture( couch,chairs,speakers) and any boxes ya might have in the closet. And they don't smell to good. just my .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top