Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2001 9:02:37 PM EDT
Anyone have a favorite place to get their digital photographs turned into "hard" pictures?  And how much does it cost to do this to say, 36 prints?
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#2]
get a nice printer for 200-250 bucks (like epson photo plus) and some photo paper its looks just like any normal picture that you can buy and its cheaper to make. just a idea but i think that any "laser quick ,copy max" anyone who makes copys should be able to do it for you sorry dont know about price.

might even try the printer you have now if you have one. photo people makes a big dif. and set the dpi the highest you can for your printer makes it slow but makes it look better.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]
A fantastic printer is the HP photosmart 1000.  I bought one 6 months ago for $400.  Now selling for 150 at BJs and others.  Whatever you buy, use the best glossy paper you can.  The better the paper., the better the result.  I am a professional photographer
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been using Shutterfly.

I don't have the patience to print out prints for whoever wants a copy.  Additionally my kids are always printing other stuff.

Additionally Shutterfly allows me to send a "link" to other persons who may wish to receive their own copy (at their own cost).

BTW, I did my holiday cards through the same service.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I work at a digital printing / copying company. We do color laser prints for 1.30 a sheet. Now that may seem like alot, but take your average home inkjet printer, figure ot number of pages for the area of coverage and them divide that by the cost of a cartrige. some cartriges are equal to 1000 dollars a gallon in ink, and 3.00 per page cost!! (your average typed full sheet letter is only 5-10% coverage)

Some places have the ability to do a little nicer print on a professional inkjet printer.

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I travel alot, so my setup is a laptop with cd burner, then when home I can edit and print what I want to show. Have a PhotoSmart HP 1215.
Great results..  For my just to show othersI use a brite white paper, like Kodak.

Have fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top