Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2001 4:40:04 PM EDT
[url]http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/contracosta/stories/ccpower_20010309.htm[/url]

NIMBY, NIMBY, and more NIMBY. And it's an industrial area to boot. Some people are never satisfied.
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
That was funny.
"...looked through a chain-link fence toward their Concord homes"
People are always building those darn fences to keep people IN aren't they.

"...treasurer of Communities for a Better Diablo Valley"
Well, if I lived in Devil Valley I would want it to get a whole lot better too.

Some people think that they not only have rights to their property but the property of others as well. The dang thing is 4 miles away! That's a pretty big sphere of influence for someone who bought a quarter acre lot! If they don't like it - one word: MOVE.
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
These women are idiots. The area in question is industrial -- always has been. They have oil refineries nearby, existing generating plants, Concord Naval Weapons Station, oil pumping plants, docks, and last but not least, the rifle range I frequent. And here they are, living in their homes 4 miles away and they complain? But the fact they mention Lafayette and San Ramon shows their true colors. It's class envy. Lafayette and San Ramon are affluent bedroom communities, probably way out of their price range, so they complain out of spite.

So, what's wrong with building power plants in an existing industrial area? Hey, I live 5 miles away and I'm not complaining! No wonder this state is on its way to becoming the richest 3rd-world nation in the world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top