Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2001 4:46:09 AM EDT
Poll - HUH I guess you can't edit a ballot the above should read "handing".
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 4:47:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Been done for a month!! Gotta' love ecommerce.... I hate malls.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:05:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Well why don't you vote then, Mr. All Done?

I made a lot of progress yesterday, but still need to buy for a couple friends, and I still need something else for my Mother.  Something on par with the $300 Bulova watch I bought her last year.  Hmmm.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:08:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well why don't you vote then, Mr. All Done?
View Quote

The poll wasn't up yet when I responded to the mssg. Vote submitted.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
STARTED my shopping last night at midnight, got done by 2:30 AM...

Stores here are open 24 hrs...
I had the whole store to myself...
Christmas shopping was a pleasure in the wee hours of the morning...
Not a person in sight!

DAMN, now I 'gotta wrap all this crap...
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got two gifts left to buy which I HAVE to find.  I'll be hittin' the stores today, WITH TWO INGROWN TOENAILS!!! [shock]  [>Q]

Each year before the rain season hits, I oil my riding boots to help preserve the leather.  This year I didn't, and went riding on Saturday after two days worth of rain in our area.

My riding spot has a stream that was flowing pretty good and I couldn't resist submarining my XR a few times.  Needless to say, my boots were soaked inside and out.  Our summers are pretty brutal out here and my boots were obviously real dry 'cause they shrunk enough to squeeze my toes so much that I now have ingrown nails on both of my big toes.

The worst part is that I aint got no damn flip flops or sandals and none of the stores have any in my area because that's a "seasonal" item. [:(!]

Yeah, I'm going to have a real fun day.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Been done for a while....thought about gettin my buddy a zippo....but it can wait till New Years.  Had to go to the grocery store today and cussed all the way there and back.  Christmas Eve sucks in town.  Keep my ass here in the sticks with my family.  Oh, and Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
STARTED my shopping last night at midnight, got done by 2:30 AM...

Stores here are open 24 hrs...
I had the whole store to myself...
Christmas shopping was a pleasure in the wee hours of the morning...
Not a person in sight!

DAMN, now I 'gotta wrap all this crap...
View Quote

As I was layin in bed nursing this damn cold last night I thought about getting up and doing that - but one of the stores I wanted to go to wasn't open.  So I will trudge out there in about an hour.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#8]
All done as of about noon today when I got to the T-shirt shop for the last two gifts.

You'd think in two malls you'd find a shop specializing in T-shirts, but no.   As I left at 11:00 p.m., Homer was still at large.

At a couple of places, Borders & Macy's, the air was thick and a couple of salepeople were, too.   Major problem geeting through to Ms. 23-and-still-chewing-bubble-gum.  Hello!!! Can  you pause your personal phone call in Russian about what you're doing after work, and just tell me if you have toilet brushes?

Hey Ms. Pin-cushion!!!  Are you really hypnotized by the cash register, or can you tell me what time you close??

Oh yeah, last day of work, the company set us up for a PAC tent-meeting.  

Great timing -  just a couple of weeks before, we'd learned that our jobs were once again in doubt, and that while the health plan was going up in price, the benefits had once again beet cut back.  

Then there was the "you probably won't get an incentive, no matter how well you did your job" talk.

So naturally, we were all excited at the prospect of payroll deductions from our ever-diminishing checks, so that the executives could suck ass with people like Feinstein and Waxman (swear to God).  I couldn't keep from saying "eccch!"

Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine's done. Thank God. What a fucking zoo trying to shop right now is. Got my dad and sis $50.00 each in Trader Joe's gift certificates. Got my mom a $100.00 gift certificate from Borders(I LOVE MY MOTHER!!)

Fer myself, the ar15.com tactical folder and a book titled "Semper Fidelis", by Allan R. Millettt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top