Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2008 9:55:53 AM EDT
Wife and I spent Christmas night at her parents house in Tampa.

There were fireworks going off all over the neighborhood until at least midnight.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#1]
when you moved to america...what kind of dumb question is this?
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Because there is nothing more fun than lighting twenty dollars and watching it explode. You're into guns, you should know how fun the money to noise conversion is.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't recall fireworks during Christmas growing up, now it seems to becoming a regular thing.

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall fireworks during Christmas growing up, now it seems to becoming a regular thing.

it was a joke dude...
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Fireworks are always fun.

why do you care when other people use them?
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did I say I care?

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#7]
when it became my job to pick up the mess they made
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#8]
We have a lot of Japanese guys in town for a big project my company is doing for a Japanese car maker.

One of our engineers asked them if they were planning to celebrate over the Christmas/New-Years holiday by drinking sake and shooting fireworks.  Mr. Suave, there.

They said no, they would be praying and going to temple.

I didn't even know the Japanese were Jewish.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I cleaned up a large fireworks mess at my public shooting range (down at the river) on the 26th.

I usually just have to pick up boxes.

I always pick up the brass
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I say I care?

My bad.

The post made it seem like it bothered you
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
As long as they celebrate the holiday, who gives a shit? (not implying the OP does)

The celebration of Christmas has evolved over the years. If it now includes fireworks, more power to them.

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We have a lot of Japanese guys in town for a big project my company is doing for a Japanese car maker.

One of our engineers asked them if they were planning to celebrate over the Christmas/New-Years holiday by drinking sake and shooting fireworks.  Mr. Suave, there.

They said no, they would be praying and going to temple.

I didn't even know the Japanese were Jewish.  Go figure.

i lol'd.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Pagans.  Think the world is ending because the days are getting shorter.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I am not very religious, but I guess Easter and Mothers Day will be a fireworks day soon too.

Time to invest in a fireworks retailer.

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not very religious, but I guess Easter and Mothers Day will be a fireworks day soon too.

You gonna howl at every full moon?
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You gonna howl at every full moon?

No, I know from your posts you are religious, I respect that.

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same over here…

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#18]
When I lived in Tampa I had a neighbor that would dump his mortgage payment into fireworks a couple of times a year.

I usually ran the sprinklers a couple of hours beforehand just to keep from going up in smoke.

I think the last time he did this he & his wife ended up on Judge Judy.  Apparently their rockets shot across the back yards into the screened patio of a neighbor and scared the shit out of the wife & her little doggie.

Funniest Judge Judy I've ever been forced to watch.  And yes, he lost the case  
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When I lived in Tampa I had a neighbor that would dump his mortgage payment into fireworks a couple of times a year.

I usually ran the sprinklers a couple of hours beforehand just to keep from going up in smoke.

I think the last time he did this he & his wife ended up on Judge Judy.  Apparently their rockets shot across the back yards into the screened patio of a neighbor and scared the shit out of the wife & her little doggie.

Funniest Judge Judy I've ever been forced to watch.  And yes, he lost the case  

I remember that episode, FIL watches the judge shows all afternoon when we are there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top