Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 12/25/2008 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yet polling has found for some time that majorities –– often including most gun owners –– support a five-day waiting period for handgun purchases, limits on the number of firearms that can be bought at any one time, outlawing assault-style weapons, closing the loophole that lets buyers at gun shows duck background checks.

The dung is strong with this one.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
tis bullshit.

Look back to what happened in 1996 when we decided to take the senate and house from the dems bacause of the 1994 "assault" weapons ban.

Motherfuckers better remember that!
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The P.I. is about the most liberal rag in the country. Take anything printed, especially editorials, with the appropriate amount of sodium chloride.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Look back to what happened in 1996 when we decided to take the senate and house from the dems bacause of the 1994 "assault" weapons ban.

Sorry, but you're flat-out wrong. Your own memories are in error. The Republicans didn't win in '94 because of anger over the AWB - they won because of Newt Gingrich and the Contract With America. They had a very solid platform, they ran on it well, and they won. If not for that, there would have been no victory.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, but you're flat-out wrong. Your own memories are in error. The Republicans didn't win in '94 because of anger over the AWB - they won because of Newt Gingrich and the Contract With America. They had a very solid platform, they ran on it well, and they won. If not for that, there would have been no victory.

True. Not that Clinton agreed with you totally.

Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:00:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, bullshit. Guns were WAY down the list of issues this election.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I sadly know a few gun owners,if they hunted things other than skeet they might be consider "Fudds", who would gladly,willingly and enthusiastically support [bullshit]common sense gun laws [/bullshit] that included everything from 5 day waiting periods or banning hollowpoints and outlawing handguns and semiautomatic rifles.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe, just maybe, even the ever-gulled are catching on that with private ownership nailed down, we can talk like adults about how to manage that right with good sense.

Sure.  Let's start by requiring a permit to write editorials.  Then a permit to print them.  The permits require a 15 member board of Psychiatrists or both conservatives and liberals making a unanimous vote to allow you to issue opinions and print newpapers.  A fee of $3500 is due.  This permit is renewed yearly.

Issuance of an internet permit requires a $5000 fee and a history of holding the publisher's permit without revocation for 5 years.  This applies to bloggers and forums like DU and Free republic.  After all, the founds never envisioned an internet.

Penalties are mandatory 10 year sentence.

Why are you turning blue, Mr liberal?  What right were you talking about?

Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clinton said that they lost 14 seat in Congress on the AWB. The rest was the Contract with America.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I sadly know a few gun owners,if they hunted things other than skeet they might be consider "Fudds", who would gladly,willingly and enthusiastically support [bullshit]common sense gun laws [/bullshit] that included everything from 5 day waiting periods or banning hollowpoints and outlawing handguns and semiautomatic rifles.

Granted.

What I take issue with is "often including most gun owners". I've emailed the guy and asked him to cite the polls.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Make sure to tell them folks support banning their fucking skeet guns. They deserve it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#13]
They ALWAYS say "most" Americans support banning assault rifles, but they NEVER get a number or even give say where they got the polling samples from. At my college I go to, I have some libs in the class with me, and I did a report on gun control and I had to pass it around to these guys to look at it, and guess what? They all thought that banning "assault rifles" is a stupid also. There is NO common sense in a blanket ban on any firearms.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh, bullshit. Guns were WAY down the list of issues this election.

Agreed.  The Democrats learned hard lessons from the past and hardly brought it up.  They know they have lost key states before on this issue, so they were quiet.  I doubt they'll have the balls to touch it.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#15]
You must keep the followers believing that you are winning. Would you expect anything else from a liberal rag like Seattlepi.com? Remember, stupid people will believe the most incredible lies. That is how they build a following; the truth does not matter; only the numbers that you can convince that what you say is the truth.

Arcane6-1
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#16]
No worries gents-most, if not all of these "reporters" will be out of work as their circulation continues to plummet and ad revenue drops faster than a Hollywood actress looking for a role.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clinton said that they lost 14 seat in Congress on the AWB. The rest was the Contract with America.

Which we would do well with today, I think.

Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The P.I. is about the most liberal rag in the country. Take anything printed, especially editorials, with the appropriate amount of sodium chloride.

Witch is exactly why ObongoX our newly elected Marxist Black Panther president reads it daily.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No worries gents-most, if not all of these "reporters" will be out of work as their circulation continues to plummet and ad revenue drops faster than a Hollywood actress looking for a role.

QFT
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They ALWAYS say "most" Americans support banning assault rifles, but they NEVER get a number or even give say where they got the polling samples from. At my college I go to, I have some libs in the class with me, and I did a report on gun control and I had to pass it around to these guys to look at it, and guess what? They all thought that banning "assault rifles" is a stupid also. There is NO common sense in a blanket ban on any firearms.

Well of course they did, you educated them.  I have no doubt that a majority of the public would say yes.  They just simply don't know the facts.  They think machine guns, they think police and children are killed every day by scary assault rifles because they've heard that on the news so many times.  If you're not a gun person and haven't done any research yourself, you only know what news and entertainment have taught you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top