Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2008 11:25:18 PM EDT
rez

Watching it on G4 right now.

Unlike most things I liked as a kid but later realized sucked, TRON fucking rocks!

25 year old movie. Nothing ever like it before. Matrix was a rip-off.

/de-rez
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
No, it sucked then and even more now
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
TRON ruled because it pretty much was the first hacker movie.

It's a great nostalgia movie now, too, especially the beginning part when they're in Flynn's video arcade.  You really don't find those anymore.  In fact, I don't think I've seen one since the mid 1990s after the Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter mania died down and moved to consoles.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
A new TRON movie is on the way.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#5]
G4 plays Tron a lot.  I watched part of it a while back.  I remember when it was in the theater.  I think it was one of the first computer graphic movies.

I would like to see G4 bring back Ani-Midnight.  They showed an old anime called Silent Mobius back when G4 and Tech TV merged.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

/rez

Fuck. Hollywood is incapable of making good honest movies anymore. It's all politicized agitprop. Witness: The Day the Earth Stood Still.

/de-rez

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Some guy met TRON Guy, from what I remember reading here a few weeks ago.

Tron Guy is pro-2nd and the rumor is that he either is a member here or lurks here.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:48:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/rez

Fuck. Hollywood is incapable of making good honest movies anymore. It's all politicized agitprop. Witness: The Day the Earth Stood Still.

/de-rez

Tinfoil hat on!  

Its a liberal brainwashing to dull our senses.  If they keep us distracted with cellphones,  video games,  and iPods we won't notice our way of life disappearing.

Tinfoil hat off.

Huh,  what?  How about those Broncos?  Guess how much I drank last night?  I am sooooooo stoned. Duuuuude?!

Link Posted: 12/25/2008 12:56:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Some guy met TRON Guy, from what I remember reading here a few weeks ago.

Tron Guy is pro-2nd and the rumor is that he either is a member here or lurks here.

Yep, That was me. Helped him sight in his Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 12:58:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sooo, uuuhhh, did he explain the story behind the suit??? Looks like he put some time and effort into it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 1:12:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sooo, uuuhhh, did he explain the story behind the suit??? Looks like he put some time and effort into it.

Didn't even bring it up. He's a super nice guy.

Here is the link to the thread that I made about shooting with Tron Guy.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=789618
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool, the MS paint at the range was funny.  So did this guy get his 15 minutes due to the pics?  Someone mentioned the Jimmy Kimmel show.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Greetings, programs
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 7:18:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Seems like a nice guy :) more than a little sick in the head

FIFY
Tron Guy admittedly resides with his furry companion Paul Neubauer, who's fursona is "Orvan Ox", a semi-famous furry known for handing out bulk boxes of furshampoo at Furry conventions. They met online on an Animaniacs discussion board. Once TRON Guy figured out that there was someone in this world who would actually sleep with him, TRON Guy dropped his whole life and moved from his home town of Huston Texas to Orvan Ox's hometown of Fairmont Minnesota. Today TRON Guy and Orvan Ox own a home together, which they regularly use to entertain guests.
TRON Guy is also a member of a lot of furry communities on the LiveJournal.

Link Posted: 12/25/2008 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I carry a frizbee around on my back, just in case.

Hey, anyone remember the Tron arcade games? I totally ruled at those...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top