Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2001 10:23:39 AM EDT
While in Tampa yesterday, I read about these 3 womenz who have been doing some afternoon flag waving everyday for months at this big intersection. So the other day, two black Suburbans with limo tint roll slowly up. The first one contained 4 SS type who proceded to do a walk around/looky look. They give a nod to the other battlewagon and this older man in camo gets out. He walks over and says
"Hi i'm Tommy Franks"
According to the babes He said NOTHING about being a general and had NO attitude at all. He told them what fine Americans they were and then gave them all a gold dogtag looking medal with his name on it.
Talk about a story for your grandkids!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#1]
"Hi i'm Tommy Franks"
According to the babes He said NOTHING about being a general and had NO attitude at all. He told them what fine Americans they were and then gave them all a gold dogtag looking medal with his name on it.
Talk about a story for your grandkids!
View Quote

Holy Shit! A gold dogtag with Tommy Franks name on it, what humility. 'Dugout Doug' would have been jealous as hell.
                    Gib    ;{>
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Where have you guys been? In a Tora Bora cave?
[url]www.centcom.mil/bio_cccc.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I think he WAS in the Cheech and Chong movie though!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Youre NOT supposed to know this. This is TOP SECRET!

McDill AFB is the home base for Delta Force.

T Franks is an Army general stationed at an Air Force base.

He rides around in a Government Gunship with sunglass wearing lapel talkers all over him.

2+2=

I dont reallly know this to be a fact. I could be talking out of my ass (I prolly am)
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Three 40 something grandmas who have been waving flags EVERY DAY thought it was WAY cool. The media thought it was the second coming. But you're right I prolly wouldnt have pissed my pants either.

(I can say prolly since i became an illiterate)
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where did you get this info from?  I always thought Ft. Bragg in NC was the Delta Force headquarters.

Also, found this:

The unit is headquartered in a remote section of the U.S. Army’s sprawling Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Reports of the compound indicate that no expense has been spared, including numerous shooting facilities (both for close quarters battle and longer range sniping), an Olympic-sized swimming pool, dive tank, and a three-story climbing wall.
View Quote

From here:

[url]http://www.specialoperations.com/Army/Delta_Force/unit_profile.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Where did you get this info from?  I always thought Ft. Bragg in NC was the Delta Force headquarters.

Also, found this:

The unit is headquartered in a remote section of the U.S. Army’s sprawling Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Reports of the compound indicate that no expense has been spared, including numerous shooting facilities (both for close quarters battle and longer range sniping), an Olympic-sized swimming pool, dive tank, and a three-story climbing wall.
View Quote

From here:

[url]http://www.specialoperations.com/Army/Delta_Force/unit_profile.htm[/url]
View Quote

Im sorry, The story that I heard was the rapid deployment, anywhere in the world in 50 minutes boys are sitting over at Mcdill. Sounds like they train at Bragg but the top hoppers and poppers that get to go first are at McDill. Just a rumor that I heard. I may not know shit.

Link Posted: 12/23/2001 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Im sorry, The story that I heard was the rapid deployment, anywhere in the world in 50 minutes boys are sitting over at Mcdill. Sounds like they train at Bragg but the top hoppers and poppers that get to go first are at McDill. Just a rumor that I heard. I may not know shit.

View Quote

No need to apologize, I don't know for sure either, that's why I aked.  I do know that an unidentified special forces team trains at our firefighter tranining center.  Every few months they come in with unmarked, unlit black helocopters and do some very aggressive training.  They will not say who they are, but they are from Ft. Bragg.  I think it's the Delta Force.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#12]
All I know is the top secret, classified information that was published in the Tampa Tribune. Sort of a
WELCOME DELTA FORCE TO McDill!!
Kind of secret thing. Dont tell anybody.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All I know is the top secret, classified information that was published in the Tampa Tribune. Sort of a
WELCOME DELTA FORCE TO McDill!!
Kind of secret thing. Dont tell anybody.
View Quote

Oh, if the news paper said it, it must be true.  [:D]  Ok, I will not say a word.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#14]
His brother Nathan has some pretty good hot dogs.

No doubt he was scouting the nearest shopping center to pick up some training from none

other

than
MALL NINJA!!!!!!!!!1
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like the COLONEL Franks I remember as Divarty CO of 1CD. The guy knew almost everybody in Divarty by their first name. He was also one of the very few Officers I knew who didn't expect you to be in awe of them just because they were Officers.                    edited to add: He used to drive a bad-ASS '69 Stingray ragtop. I hope he kept it, 'cause it was in cherry condition in '89.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 12:51:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top