Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2001 8:35:13 AM EDT
[url]http://www.awolbush.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, we've always tried to post our views on Democratic Underground. I suppose it was just a matter of time before they got over here.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Democrats and Republicans both twist the truth.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I just thank God that we can always count on libertarians not to lie to us or be manipulative.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh, I wouldn't say that.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#5]
After the fantastic presidency of Clinton this should outrage the American people!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah slick was something.
It should outrage anyone in the Service.
I got a 1H in 1973, but I didn't have any connections and I didn't move to Canada before getting that pick.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#8]
We're kind of missing the point here.  If what is being alleged is true, it can be proven.  If it is not, it can be proven.  So, prove it one way or another, and get on with it.

As Larry Elder puts it:  "Republicans and Democrats, about a dime's worth of difference."

Extend that to the Libertarians and the Greens and you might get up to a quarter.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#9]
My God! the wealthy and influential getting special treatment! This country is going to hell in a hand cart. What would the founding fathers think? But seriously, what good is being rich and powerful if you can use it to get out of going to war. I mean wars are meant to be fought by the under educated easily manipulated masses. We are made to believe it is our patriotic duty. The days of the Bush's and Kennedy's and the like putting on a uniform and going off to war went out with the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution. It's not much different than Bin Laden and the like convincing Muslims to commit suicide. You won't see them strapping on a bombs.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#10]
My Guard unit let me out of my last summer camp so I could start Michigan Law School as a summer starter (1/4 of the 1Ls there start in the summer term, and 1/4 in a 'new section' feeley thing)
My father is a retired tool and die maker...the unit just wanted to help out a guy so he could get ahead by attending a top 5 law school. Regular folks get excused too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#11]
So precisely what are you trying to tell us, Bearlaker?

I was born in 1952, so I turned 18 in May, 1970. The jungles of Vietnam were literally crawling with young American men of the same age at that time.

I didn't volunteer either. Nor did I enroll in the National Guard, or the Air National Guard.

My father was not wealthy, and yet I managed to stay out of Vietnam by simply staying in school and completing my education.

So is my patriotism to be questioned as well?

Eric The(DoYouRememberThoseDays?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#12]
And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a greater percentage of officers die in Vietnam in combat than during other wars of the 20th century.

Didn't greater numbers or percentages of middle class sons die in Vietnam than in other wars...

In other words, are all the cliches that we've been hearing for all these years about Vietnam been wrong, all along?

Eric The(I'mNotSoCertainWhoseSonsWere'Fortunate')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#13]
My post was not directed at anyone here, other than to remind people that everyone is on their guard whenever a liberal scumbag like klinton is elected and relaxes when a "conservative" comes to power.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#15]
So how did that college deferment work?
If you could aford the tuition, could you just keep going to school until the war was over?
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Strait from the website:
Why did the Bush campaign refuse to release his military records, as Senator John McCain, Vice President Gore and President Clinton have all done?
View Quote

Klinton had a Service Record Book???  When did draft dodgers get an SRB???

That statement I think says it all.

[smoke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top