Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2001 5:58:13 AM EDT
I was in a gun shop yesterday and fingerprinted a Knights. It was the rifle version in .223 with the flip up rear site and Ras. I liked it. It might be my next AR purchase. I had a Colt preban lined up for 1100.00. Or I can buy the Knight for 1375.00. Opinions? Does anyone have any experience with Knights?
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was in a gun shop yesterday and fingerprinted a Knights. It was the rifle version in .223 with the flip up rear site and Ras. I liked it. It might be my next AR purchase. I had a Colt preban lined up for 1100.00. Or I can buy the Knight for 1375.00. Opinions? Does anyone have any experience with Knights?
View Quote

To shoot accurately buy the SR-15 Knight's.
(Worth the $.00 you're paying !)
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
The SR15 was one of the nicest ARs that I've ever owned. The trigger is very nice and the out of the box features can't be beat.

My .02....drop the fip up 300 sight and replace it with the 600 yard model. world of difference.
Also the bbl end is a sinker that has been press fitted on. It is a real chore to get off (as in impossible) and limits your options (no FF tube, etc.).

Great rifle but I sold mine because I like to tinker and the sinker bbl cramped my style.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If those are your two choices... you're getting a better rifle out of the Knight's.

The only thing that makes the Colt worth $1,100 is its date of manufacture.  Beyond that, it's an old, used gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]

It's actually an old nice used gun. I already have a preban shorty Bushmaster and an LE colt shorty. I'm leaning towards the Knight. Then an Armalite, then Oly, RRA. I'd would like to own 1 from all of the major manufactures. But if I do I could be single!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you try the trigger on the Stoner? People spend $400-500 on other brands trying to make them as nice as a Stoner out of the box.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top