Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2001 2:26:40 AM EDT
Greetings from the Great Southern Land! What an excellent night we just had!

Its Sunday here, 23 Dec already, and tomorrow is Christmas Eve down here.

In the park accross 'Willarong Road' where we live, about 1,500 local residents of the Cronulla and Caringbah areas, here on Sydney's southern beaches got together, and sang tonnes of carols, drank beer and wine, and had a barbie too!

All was followed by an excellent fireworks display.

Its bloody hot and humid tonight, and the Tooheys went down too right, standing there in my singlet and board shorts, feeling the humidity, the sweat rolling down my face. It is so wierd, no snow, as our American and Canadian allies in the northern hemisphere hunker down in snow and cold.

It was also a time to celebrate our freedom, and what we stand for. For the tragic events of 11 Sep, and after, have now changed our lives as we know it.

As allied forces from around the free world are in various global shitholes (latley Afghanistan), we should all take a moment to thank how lucky we are, and to realise their sarifice, being away from their familes during the Christmas and new year period defending freedom for us all.

To all Military personnel and their families, both serving and retired, have a Happy Christmas from 1feral1, here in Sydney.

As a soldier, I am fortunate enough to be on leave, and at home this year.

All the best to you all!

Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:38:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:40:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:41:49 AM EDT
[#3]
You registered on MSN for a chat?
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:42:38 AM EDT
[#4]
if so contact me on [email protected] now if ya want.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:44:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet, a fellow Skip!!

Even better, he's getting pissed on Tooheys!!

Merry christmas from Melbourne.

Nakey

Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:47:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad to see another 'dinkum' on the line! welcome to a most excellent web site.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:53:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Osprey, Its Monday tomorrow, should be here anytime. Usually takes about 14 days, but maybe longer with the Christmas delay.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:54:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:02:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Believe it or not, there is an Outback Steakhouse here in Sydney now, and a Starbucks too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:30:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#11]
And I too would like to say Maerry Christmas to our brothers down under!!! Someday, I'll visit Oz. It's one of the very few countries I want to see. Sure beats Europe anyway!!!

Link Posted: 12/23/2001 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all you folks in the land down under, and be sure to get your swimmning pools in before Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It was also a time to celebrate our freedom,
View Quote

I thought you lost them some time ago.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#16]
G'Day Aussie Mates!
I had the scratching great pleasure of spending two weeks Down Under just after New Years 2001.  I loved the place...especially the VB (Victoria Bitters for my Yank mates here.).  That brew and Hahns are the best beers I have EVER tasted...and let me tell all of you here in the States enjoying your Millers and Buds...you ain't NEVER had a real beer until you try some of those!  I got addicted to VB in just those few weeks.  Damn it anyway...I can't find it here in America to save my hide.
Sydney-Canberra-Adelaide-Canberra-Adelaide and Sydney.  Loved them all.  One last shameless plug for all things Aussie:  I travel a bunch and Qantas is the BEST airline I've ever traveled on.  Fifteen hours is a long time on a plane...and they made it as comfortable as possible.
(Final note to all the single AR-15 junkies:  Quit wasting your time and get down to OZ soon.  The natives are friendly.)
[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top