Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2001 7:36:11 PM EDT
Time to spend the money and buy some good hearing protection for the firing range.  Any suggestions on what seems to do the best job?  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi ya wist,  I've got a set of Peltor electronic muffs on my xmas wish list.  I've used em an like the elect ones cause I shoot alot.  JB
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
what was the question? i didnt hear ya the first time.....
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if you don't want to spend a lot, you could get a 50 pack of MAX ear plugs (rated NRR 33) from Dillon Precision.  If you want earmuffs and don't want to spend a lot, get yourself a Peltor Ultimate 10 headset.  If you rally want to spend some money, get yourself some Pro Ears electronic earmuffs.  Personally, I use both the MAX ear plugs with a set of Pro Ears electronic earmuffs.  The best protection but I can still hear other people when they talk to me.

USPC40
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Where can I buy the Pro Ears electronic earmuffs online, and who has the best prices?
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I use ear plugs and ear muffs.  Stop laughin dammit! [:D]  I get headaches when i go to the range.  The muzzle blast off my buddies M14 doesnt help either......LOL
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like my Peltor Tactical 6-S. Great protection and I can hear conversations (near and far) loud and clear. Some prefer the regular headband, but I have no problem with the behind the neck wire set up. Here's a pic of me with the Peltor Tactical 6.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/1R/4N/tw/n991528.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
OT: No matter how good the sound suppression, sound is still transmitted thru your bones.  I took a hearing test awhile back, and the audiologist could tell that I was a shooter, and whether I was a right or left hand shooter.  If you shoot those super loud magnums indoors, the audiologist recommends that you stand outside when not actually shooting in order to protect your hearing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top