Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2001 11:29:25 PM EDT
I live in a city of about 50,000 people.  We are right up against the mountains and about 5 minutes ago I was on the back porch of my apartment smoking a cigarette and 3 deer walked within 20 yards of me. (no exageration)  They even stopped and looked right at me for about 45 seconds and then just slowly walked off.  I guess there must be a lot of snow in the mountains.  Does anyone else live in a place like this?  It really makes me appreciate living in a somewhat rural area(if you can call 50,000 people that).  Just too bad I havn't sprung for a silencer yet! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't lived someplace cool like that for 10 years.  At that place fishing a damned deer out of the swimming pool seemed like a regular event.  As did patching that pool the next day.

You just made me miss that place in the sticks.  I'm going to have to hate you now. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in Minneapolis..the metro area has the largest deer population in the state...so many in fact that archers can get five deer...does.. in the metro and first to third ring suburbs here just to drop the population.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 12:30:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 2:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got deer walking around in my yard (mostly at night) quite often. (WV) Live in a small town of 20,000. [^]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:24:51 AM EDT
[#5]
The come down the hill above my house every so often, sometimes in groups of three. This is right into my backyard. If they get spooked, the run along the side of the house and jump the gate no problem. This is in the Bay Area, in dense suburbs about 2 miles from a large regional park. Anyway, we see them all the time. Mostly dead on the road, but we see them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 5:05:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I live in a community of about 200 people. Shoot my deer in the woods behind my house every year. I had moved to a major city a few years ago...I didn't last long.

Fis_Prod
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I need a Bambalance!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I live about 2 miles from downtown Anchorage, city of 250,000.  Moose are all over the place, especially close to the airport.  They often wander through my yard and down my street.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Isn't Nature Grand?! Wish I could say I live in such a place, but will have to settle for my old man's property located in Hilo, Hawaii, which I visit around 3-4 times a year. A small 17 acres boardering a national forest reserve with 2 streams crossing through the property. Nearest neighbor is far out of ear shot of any guns. Elevation ~1750 ft. No deer or moose to speak of, but plenty of Wild Hog everywhere. They especially like the guava patch just downhill of the house. For example, my father normally takes his shots from the porch. One moon-lit nite he awoke to the sounds of hogs rooting just outside. At the ready he opened the kitchen door and wouldn't you know it, there were a bunch of 'em no more than 7ft. away. The easiest kill, he says. Here's a few pics taken from the kitchen window. First one is on an unusually clear day (Hilo is known for its consistent wet, overcast weather). Hilo Bay and Hilo Town can be seen in the distance. Second is the norm.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/040/tw/Ix/9U/kb31191.jpg[/img]

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/025/d9/rN/6m/kf35303.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top