Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2001 7:34:45 PM EDT
I just bought a Nikon 775 for a Christmas present. Seems like a great buy for $339. It comes with a US warranty, lithium battery and charger, strap, 8 MB memory, USB cord and software. Any members have one of these and how well do you like it. Cognative dissonance here.

Thanks  
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a really great thread about digital cameras a few days ago.  They talked me into buying the Cannon S30.  I had looked @ the Nikon and it is a very nice camera.  My only advice is to buy a bigger memory card.  Now, show us some pics.....of your camera! [beer]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Rabbit9 It won't arrive unfortunately untill friday of next week, I waited to long. I thought if I went to Best Buy and Circuit City today, I would find something in the $300 range. But none of their cameras in that price range came with lithium batteries or chargers, and they were only like 1.4 Megapixels. So I came back home and got on the internet and finally got it from Camera World. I got them to drop down to $339 from their website advertised price of $359.   I saw one today and really liked it, so I guess I'll make someone happy.
                           Thanks
Here it is from Camera Worlds web page

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p83c31c768d8d641de756e27c8f8a3c61/fe0fda3a.gif.orig.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 775- I get compliments everytime someone sees the pictures.  The photos come out top notch- well done.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I own a Nikon Coolpix 995 and it is great. I had an older Coolpix 800, which is very similar to the 775. It too took wonderful pictures. Nikon knows how to make good cameras.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Great Choice!

I have a Nikon Coolpix 900, a Coolpix 950 and...  My latest toy:  A Nikon Coolpix 5000.

I have always owned Nikon cameras (I have a few of the older film cams -- the F and F1 and N8008)

IMHO -- Nothing can beat a Nikon !

Good luck with it.  

Here are 3 great resources:

1.  Nikon's Firmware Upgrade Site:
(they also have manuals online)
[url]www.nikontechusa.com[/url]
------------------------------------------
2.  Steve's Digicam Review:
(great all purpose digital cam site)
[url]www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/nikon775.html[/url]

And..  Their 775 review:  [url]www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/nikon775.html[/url]

------------------------------------------
3.  Imaging Resources:
(another great digital camera site)

[url]www.imaging-resource.com[/url]

And..  their 775 review:  [url]www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C775/C775A.HTM[/url]
--------------------------------------------

Please let us know how you like your new toy !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top