Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2001 1:17:21 PM EDT
What is the gunshow loophole?

I just bought a gun at a gunshow and had to fill out the same paperwork that I would have at a gun shop.

Where's the loophole?
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Damnit!  What kind of gun!  You can't just dangle that around!
View Quote

Hesse kevlar lower.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The bad part about this is, if the "loop hole" is closed and you want to sell your neighbor your old .30-30, you have to use an FFL.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
So, if this guy(that I bought it from) was'nt an FFL, I would'nt have to fill out anything?

Where do I even find the laws about that?
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#6]
there is none. the new laws essentially makes anyone selling a firearm (even you) a dealer with all the paperwork there invoved.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So, if this guy(that I bought it from) was'nt an FFL, I would'nt have to fill out anything?
View Quote

Correct. According to federal law, if you buy a gun from your next door neighbor who isn't an FFL then the transaction is as legal as if you were buying his lawnmower. No paperwork involved. Assuming, you know what that means [;)], you guys aren't felons or the other normal restrictions apply.

View Quote

You can try looking up firearms laws at the NRA website or other progun sites. Also local or state laws may be stricter than federal law and the above example doesn't apply.

Link Posted: 12/21/2001 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2001 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I am FULL-BLOOD thank you!
And thanks for the info.
If not go in and ask your friendly local gun dealer.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top