Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 1:55:56 PM EDT
and Suzy Snowflake and Frosty the Snowman?  I'm talking about the b&w animated shorts based on these songs that TV stations used to show at this time of year back in the 60's.  I watched them on WJAC TV out of Johnstown, PA.  I've heard they were also shown a lot in Chicago.  A couple years ago, my brothr gave me a video tape with these and Clutch Cargo and Diver Dan and a bunch of other stuff from our childhood on it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
How did that song go?
"Oh-dee-oh-lady oh-lady-I-oh"
"I'm Hardrock...I'm Coco....I'm Jooooooooe"

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That's it, ArmaLiter!  Looks like you and I are the only old farts on the board right now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
AJAX........THE FOAMING CLEANSER...
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Frosty the snowman I remember was in color.

Do you remember the Captian Eleven show.It was with the Three Stooges out of St.Louis.KPLR channel 11.just wondering if they showed it in other parts of the country.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
When I was kid back in the 60's, The Three Stooges were rescued from obscurity by a guy named Paul Shannon who had a kid's show called "Adventure Time" on WTAE TV out of Pittsburgh.  He even had them as guests on the show.  Most sources credit him w/ restarting their career.  As a bit of trivia, jazz guitarist Joe Negri (Handyman Negri from Mister Rogers)also had a kid's show that aired right before Adventure Time every afternoon.  BOth shows were done live.
Don't confuse the color Frosty 1/2 hour cartoon (Jimmy Durante narrates) with the b&w short I mentioned.  It has no story line other than the one from the lyrics of the song and the song  is sung a capella.  The animation style is very spare and Frosty is more than a little creepy.  Hardrock, CoCo, and Joe (are they in Lord of the Rings?) is done in stop-action animation, as is Suzy Snowflake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top