Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2001 6:04:00 AM EDT
since the 9-11 attacks. No guns, no knives, no sharp objects, no large pieces of baggage, no this and no that are allowed at Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
What does this statue stand for again?

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:09:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Liberty Island (and the museum) is open, but you can't go inside the Statue of Liberty.  Someday, we'll get beyond all of this (I hope).
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a little problem here.  The govt says everybody should get back to the everyday normal things that we do every day.  BUT the White House is closed, all govt buildings are in a "lock down" environment.  Here in L.A. the whole block where L.A. City Hall is barricaded off with huge freeway median dividers.  HOW CAN ANYONE GET BACK TO NORMAL IF ALL OF THE GOVERNMENT IS IN "LOCK DOWN" MODE?
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What does this statue stand for again?

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
View Quote

Once, I believe, it stood for that never-ending love affair between France and America !

To state the obvious, to most Americans and even much of the world, Liberty stands/stood for "HOPE," freedom and a better future.

That business written on the statue about sending us your "poor, huddled masses," etc., has become bulls...... I mean no longer accurate.
We're out of the "huddled mass" business and into the send us your engineers, MD's and PHd's and we'll givem a work permit business.

(Armaliter - I just got an NIB AR-18 with scope.)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top