Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 1:53:02 AM EDT
Sept. 11 was bad enough, and I foolishly thought I had seen just about the lowest point that human beings could sink.

Senate Majority Liar...excuse me, Leader Tom Daschle certainly is proving me wrong.

In the midst of a sharp recession started by Sen. Daschle's previous President, The Honorable Senator is holding up an economic stimulus package by demanding a ridiculous package of extended unemployment benefits, extended health care benefits, and other giveaway programs to a group of people for the sole purpose of buying their Democrat vote in the upcoming midterm elections.  Politics is one thing, but this is truly a sickening spectacle to watch.

Locked and loaded for all who seem to think the Honorable (ack..ack..hairball) Senator from South Dakota is doing the 'right thing'. [puke]

shooter
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 2:07:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 2:34:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Politician logic.  We owe an unimaginable large amount of money, so we need to spend more money.z

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 3:13:09 AM EDT
[#3]
And he's re-elected year after year for taking care of the "needy" in his own state. I hear he is loved there.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#4]
As  a matter of fact ,I not only live in his home state, I live in his home town.
The local newspaper has become known as THE COMMUNIST NEWS because of their blind support for the little weasel.

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:02:04 AM EDT
[#5]
And I didn't think SD was the kind of state with the kind of people who would elect such a slimeball.  I would expect such a thing out of MA or NJ or CA.  Oh well, who am I to talk since my own state has sent "Manchurian Candidate" McCain to the Senate . . .
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Fox has reported a couple of times the good senator actually wants a continuing recession to allow the democrats to run against the "economy" issue in 2002.
I know most but not all will find this easily believable.
I think the tactic may be called the "Mitchell Theory" - support the President in the war effort (because they can't figure out how not to)and try and killem on the economy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]
they are going home to 'enjoy' the holidays while the jobless suffer.
sent email/called his office to complain about this bs.  
did you?

gun control is not possible without the consent of the voters.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#8]
They just couldn't wait.  They have been sitting there on their hands.  Squirming around like they are...er...had hemrroids.  All the talk of bipartisanship and working together since 9-11 was just that, talk.  We cannot let these pigs get away with this. We know what to do come election time, but we have to keep pounding on the sheep until they wake up or everyone gets fleeced.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#9]
For several years, the repubs in DC have chosen not to play the game when Daschle & Gephardt (Dil and do) would spew their useless drivel anywhere a camera is stationed. I would hope that with the current administration, the powers that 'be' will bbq those two dumbasses in the media at every opportunity and drag those two bastards into the light for all to see....
[soapbox]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And he's re-elected year after year for taking care of the "needy" in his own state. I hear he is loved there.
View Quote

My wifes relatives are from SD.  They say the only reason he is elected year after year is the reservations="needy".  There is your needy.  Take a look at a map of SD and look at how much is "Reservation land".  I believe the reservations keep most Native Americans in poverty, but that's a whole other disscussion.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Gotta agree with 5subslr5,

Daschle doesn't want the problem solved.  When you look at it the Dem's wont solve any problems.

They will give people just enough free money to stay elected without solving anything.

From what I understand this was Daschle's own stimulus plan, and many repubs. were criticizing Bush for caving to Daschle.

They did it on all of there issues, what did they do to "fix" social security.  

They want issues not solutions, the fact that people still buy their bs and lies after all this time baffles the crap out of me!

Why do minorities support these guys when they promise them the world, and then send a 5 dollar check.  But they keep the support, God knows why.  Lemmings,  I would say sheep, but I feel lemmings is FAR more appropriate.

Man just talking about it infuriates me!
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fox has reported a couple of times the good senator actually wants a continuing recession to allow the democrats to run against the "economy" issue in 2002.
I know most but not all will find this easily believable.
I think the tactic may be called the "Mitchell Theory" - support the President in the war effort (because they can't figure out how not to)and try and killem on the economy.
View Quote

In 1992 the media followed Mitchell blindly and parroted everything he said.  What Dashell seems to be unaware of is that the media is no longer a solid front.  We have Fox News Channel now.  And as they bleed vewersip the other networks are forced to become more conservative and critical. I dont think it will work this time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

My wifes relatives are from SD.  They say the only reason he is elected year after year is the reservations="needy".  There is your needy.  Take a look at a map of SD and look at how much is "Reservation land".  I believe the reservations keep most Native Americans in poverty, but that's a whole other disscussion.  
View Quote

That makes sense. In CA, it's the farmers around Modesto that keep that ahole Condit in power. He gives them what they want (subsidies) and they vote for him every year. He could be screwing sheep for all they care.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone explain to the citizens of South Dakota how utterly stupid it is to vote in such large numbers for George W. over that other guy for President, and then support such an a--hole for Senate, who is actively opposing every thing that your choice for prez wants to do to help this nation!

If you think they can grasp the point!

Eric The(IMean,MaybeIt'sInTheWaterOrSomething?)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top