Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2001 3:07:46 PM EDT
[url]http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/1348302p-1417867c.html[/url]

Ex-topless dancer accused of Web-stalking ex-lover

Published 12:05 a.m. PST Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2001
VENTURA, Calif. (AP) - A former Las Vegas topless dancer is charged with cyber-stalking for allegedly creating a Web site with photos of her ex-lover engaged in sadomasochism and then notifying his family.
Robin Kelly, 43, is charged with two felony counts of stalking, two counts of attempted witness intimidation and one count of attempted extortion. A preliminary hearing in Ventura County Superior Court is expected to conclude Wednesday, when the judge will rule whether she should stand trial.

Kelly, known as "Ruby Tuesday" when she worked in Las Vegas, allegedly had an affair between 1994 and 2000 with Jim Day, a married editorial cartoonist for the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

She moved to Simi Valley in 1999 and the affair finally ended the next year, authorities said.

Kelly became furious when Day, who is married, tried to break off the relationship, authorities contend. After moving to Simi Valley, she allegedly set up an Internet site that featured photographs of their sexual trysts that included whips and bondage, photos of the man's car, home, license plate and driver's license and a map with directions to his Las Vegas home.

She also allegedly sent postcards advertising the site to the man's family, neighbors and bosses and left envelopes with the photos around the neighborhood and at his children's school. The man's reputation was "destroyed," Simi Valley police Officer Richard Wigginton testified.

At the paper where he has worked for 17 years, "he's been blackballed at work. He's pretty much been alienated at this point."

Day continues to work at the paper, said Editor Thomas Mitchell. "Professionally, he's done nothing wrong," Mitchell said. "We're behind him."

Kelly was arrested Nov. 13 and pleaded innocent on Nov. 15. She remains in custody on $200,000 bail. The Web site was taken down under provisions of a court order.

In addition to the felony charges, Kelly faces a misdemeanor count of violating a restraining order and two counts of making annoying phone calls, said prosecutor Tom Temple.

She faces seven years in prison if convicted.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#1]
That's gotta be rough on a marriage. Although, I find it kind of amusing.[}:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't get guys like that. They want Mrs. Cleaver for a wife. Then they have a long term tryst with some bimbo. When caught he'll say my wife didn't want to spank me so I had to. Please
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a lesson here:  Don't dip the dick in tainted twat.

Seriously, if he hadn't cheated on his wife (for six years!!) in the first place there wouldn't have been a problem.  His reputation was ruined?  Oh boo-hoo.  Life is full of choices, choices have consequences.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 1:16:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm with thebeekeeper and Redmanfms on this one.  His reputation is ruined???  He deserved it!!  If he wanted to keep his reputation, then he should have had a reputation that was based on a solid foundation.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 3:59:25 AM EDT
[#6]
This guy's [whacko].Why would you cheat on your wife with a 43 year old stripper for 6 years? So she was 37 when they met,I'd have gone for a 20 year old!
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 4:58:25 AM EDT
[#7]
must have been the bodacious tahtah's that hooked him- so he can't be held responsible for his actions[:P].
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top