Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2001 9:46:30 AM EDT
[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-121901chips.story[/url]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I tell as many people as I can about this and let them know that the Mark of the Beast is almost here. The end time as prophesied in Revelation will be here in only a few short years. I believe it will happen in about ten more years in 2012. All the prophesies  including the list of Popes seem to point to the year 2012 as when our Lord will return and the battle between good and evil will take place.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I tell as many people as I can about this and let them know that the Mark of the Beast is almost here. The end time as prophesied in Revelation will be here in only a few short years. I believe it will happen in about ten more years in 2012. All the prophesies  including the list of Popes seem to point to the year 2012 as when our Lord will return and the battle between good and evil will take place.
View Quote

Well, I don't know about all that, but if this becomes mandatory, I can definitely forsee some reall battles in our future.  [|)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#3]
It would only be "mandatory" in the sense that it will be almost impossible to survive within the general populace without one.  This will be marketed to us as a convienience.  Life for those truley faithful to God will be tested.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I suggest that only people who are convicted felons be implanted with this device to track their movements since they have no right anyways.  Then of-course this will we implement it down to people who are convicted of certain violent misdemeanors.  The rationale is that these people are probably under a court imposed restraining order anyways.  How's that for a start.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I suggest that only people who are convicted felons be implanted with this device to track their movements since they have no right anyways.  Then of-course this will we implement it down to people who are convicted of certain violent misdemeanors.  The rationale is that these people are probably under a court imposed restraining order anyways.  How's that for a start.
View Quote

Warlord...Thats how it starts. They only tag the felons but then the distribution increases just like all these gun laws. No I say No, not even criminals. If we let one segment of the population have it (for our own good or theirs)today your grand-kids will be implanted at birth tomorrow. Complete violation of our rights. NO NO NO

A footnote: I recall reading something last year about a company that had an implant for your pet. It is basically "lojack" for expensive dogs. I believe it was offered in CA. I'm not sure. This could be closer than we think!
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#6]
The new beagle that I just purchased (AKC) has it.  You should have seen my face when she "scanned" the dog.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I thinks it a good idea as a do it all credit card/drivers lisence/doorkey. As long as it can't be used as a tracking device or mind control or anything like that I think I'd get it. Personaly I think that technology will be outmodded by biometrics. Once retna scanners are cheaper and more commonplace I think your retna scan will do all those things without the hassle of carrying cards or getting a chip implanted.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Warlord...Thats how it starts. They only tag the felons but then the distribution increases just like all these gun laws. No I say No, not even criminals. If we let one segment of the population have it (for our own good or theirs)today your grand-kids will be implanted at birth tomorrow. Complete violation of our rights. NO NO NO

A footnote: I recall reading something last year about a company that had an implant for your pet. It is basically "lojack" for expensive dogs. I believe it was offered in CA. I'm not sure. This could be closer than we think!
View Quote

I am saying this in JEST, it's joke son. As but I am sure that there are lot of people who are way ahead of me.

Just one of the possibilities.  This technology will give the old expression of "he's a walking encyclopedia" a whole new meaning.  For me I would like a complete set of the Encyclopedia Britannic embedded on a chip, and of course I would have a synaptic interface between my brain and the chip for instant recall of data just like Jerry Ryan's character 7 of 11 in Star Trek the Next Generation. Just think, I would then be unstopable at Trivial Persuit.  And while we are at it, why not build these chips with EPROM memory? That way I can get yearly updates. WAY COOL!
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#9]
The only way they will get a chip like that into this ol' boy's body will be the same way the UN will get my fingerprints for their global human identification program.

The scenario involves my lifeless carcass and a pile of dead stormtroopers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#10]
This micro-chip technology will be also used as a Global-ID.  It's already been stated that this technology is being used for tracking purposes.
PLEASE, remember that this will all be monitored and accessable via government agencies.  
Imagine that whoever is in control has the power to locate you anywhere in the world with the touch of a button.  How could any other force fight against a rouge government? ....aside from ripping out the implant
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#11]
There is no reason I can imagine that a totalitarian USA or totalitarian world government would implant chips in ordinary subjects in the near future.

Thumb prints, retinal scans, and facial recognition technology appears to me to be sufficient.

The nearby reality is that soon, very soon, a very small amount of people will be able to absolutely monitor a very large amount of people. Digital video cameras, mega computer storage, and the general acceptance of surveillance as necessary or at least inevitable will make this Brave New World happen. The dark hooded, jack boot wearing policemen demanding papers will rarely be necessary when we are all required to display a thumb print or retinal scan to leave your house, start your car, enter Sears, pay for merchandise,... you get the picture. The argument in Congress will not be about 90 day old records of NCIC record check requests for firearm purchases, but rather 90 day old digital video recordings and who is allowed to do what with those recordings.

But first you must be either be disarmed or the powers-that-be must accept you as a quasi-equal. Remember that Mao is widely quoted: "all polital power stems from the barrel of a rifle". To me, this begins to make sense of the some of the irrational and twisted anti-firearms movement.

Opposing viewpoints are welcome.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I've always believed that those who would disarm us have a hidden agenda.  This may be a part of it, but I believe its probably even more chilling than what has been suggested here.

Uhm...my tin foil hat is not working so well.  Can I get a refund?  Am I joking or really believe it?  Only the govt really knows for sure.

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 1:31:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I can just see this in a few years:

"Los Angeles, December 20, 2004 -- Another victim of the gruesome 'Body Snatcher Killer' was discovered last night in a garbage can, with his arm and leg hacked off.  The killer has been using the implanted microchips of his victims to gain access to their houses, cars, and bank accounts before they are discovered, making off with nearly four million dollars in cash, cars, jewelry, and other prizes in the last six months.  This brings the total of known victims to 45.  Because of the sheer number of victims in such a short time and their wide geographic distribution, police have begun to suspect that a large gang of criminals is behind the murders."

"Portland, Oregon, March 7, 2005 -- Convicted sexual predator ***** ******* was arrested today after a neighborhood child's body was found in nearby woods.  Police are holding him on implant-removal charges after discovering that his legally-required implanted microchip, meant to track criminals, had been cut out in a crude home surgery procedure with a razor blade.  Chief Wiggums commented, 'Yeah, we thought this chip stuff would let us track the crooks, but they just keep cutting them out.  Who woulda thought?  Hey, did you guys bring some donuts?'"
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 3:28:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I tell as many people as I can about this and let them know that the Mark of the Beast is almost here.
View Quote

The mark of the beast is spiritual.  It is not a physical mark such as a tattoo, I.D. or microchip.  

[red][b]Rev 14:9(KJV)[/b]And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand.....[/red]

The translation from the original text is correct in meaning literaly "inside" the hand and forehead.  The mark being inside the forhead where the frontal lobe is, which is the part of the brain that controls emotions and behavior.  Inside the hand denotes the action an individual does in relation to having the mark.  

The mark is something that cannot be forced on you, it must be willingly excepted. ie; [red] [b]If any man worship the beast and his image[/b], [size=3]and[/size=3] receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand[/red]
In order to recieve the mark you must first worship the beast to recieve it.    "...And receive his mark" means that as a result of worshiping the beast, you receive the mark as a natural consequence.  There is an order of events, and the worshiping of the beast is the first catalyst.  
Therefore one can choose not to take the mark! [thinking]

Many unknowlingly worship it today because they dont take the time to find the truth.  
Be careful what wordly authority/government you put your faith, hopes and beliefs (worship)into, instead of worshiping and following Yahweh's authority/government.

But remember, obey the laws of the land as Christ commanded! (so long as they do not conflict with his fathers commandments!)

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#15]
(best Homer Simpson voice)...hmmmmmmmm...Smart Gun Technology...
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I just received my latest Visa bill from after the last Indy 1500 gun show.  My Visa card is truly the Mark of the Beast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top