Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2001 8:15:50 AM EDT
Looking back over this year, I was thinking about my own accomplishments, and I am pretty proud of what I acheived as a gunowner helping to promote our way of life.
I helped a couple of "marginal" gunowners become SERIOUS gun owners.(One guy went from an SKS and a Smith .45 to an AR10,Smith 10mm,Taurus .454, and an AR50!) All it took was a little nudge and some range trips to play with real guns. That particular guy, in turn, took one of his employees to a gun show and that guy bought an SKS.
   Even better than that, I took some folks from Zero to Gunowners. I gave a friend and coworker a Hi-Standard .22 revolver that I bought for $50 from a Cop whose Uncle passed away and Auntie wanted those nasty guns out of the house. My friend is a full fledged redneck, but never got into guns. His wife, who I have known since High School, was terrified of guns. Now she participates in "Gun of the Day" at work.(GOTD is a program I started by bringing a new and interesting firearm to work and allowing coworkers and customers to see and fondle it.Gotta love Nevada, my boss actually encourages this kind of behavior!)Also, my coworker has introduced the love of shooting to his 9 year old son.
  I also just found out that one of the kids I used to hang out with at the local tattoo/CD/skateboard shop has become a gun nut. I hadn't seen him since he went to college, but he has fallen under the spell and introduced his girlfriend to shooting.
  The point of this thread is not to brag, it's to encourage you all to do the same kind of thing. Most of what I did was absoluetly FREE, which all of you can afford. Consider it a "Force Multiplier", expanding our sphere of influence. Once you make a person a gunowner, they become acutely aware of the attack on us. After all, yesterday they were an average Joe, now they got a firearm and they are villains? It's better than writing letters to politicians( but I do that, too).
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I dont have any frinds and dont realy know any one but I did get my wife a clock 19 and a keltec this year she realy loves them alot, for my self I did get a few new toys as well!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's mine:

1. I singlehandedly overturned BATF's ruling on teh DSA muzzlebrake that they had previously ruled as a pre-ban flashider. I wrote tres. Sec. Paul O'neill (head of BATF) John Ashcroft, even the BATF themselves.

2. I also singlehandedly defeated the demilitatization provision in teh defense authorization bill. I wrote every fricken' two bit politician in Washington. My Garands are now safe for 1 more year.

OK, OK - I didn't accomplish those all by myself. But me and thousands of other people did write, and teh laws / rulings were changed. [b] WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. WE CAN. NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE.[/B]

Also, I preached the gospel of guns everywhere I go. I think it actually helps people develop a comfort level with firearms. I take them shooting whenever I can.

lastly, I DID SINGLEHANDEDLY keep my FFL in business for another year. Stinkin' guy is drivin' a friggen Benz while I'm ridin' around in a 14 yr old Toyota pickup. [%|]

Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#3]
1. I took a friend from no-gunner to two-gunner, and his CHL package is on the way. I was with him when he bought his first, a Springfield 1911 Loaded. He has since picked up a Ruger 22/45, and has put many rounds downrange through both of them.

2. I took my wife to a pistol course, and got her a little excited about shooting. She expressed a preference for a Glock 19, and I got her one for Christmas.

3. This year I picked up an HK USP45 Tactical and a bunch of magazines and holsters and other related gear for it. A supressor is next, my entry into the wonderful world of Class III.

4. I got my Texas Concealed Handgun License, as well as a Pennsylvania Nonresident Concealed Handgun License. If you've got a CHL from your home state, write Lebanon County Sheriff Michael J. DeLeo a line and he and his staff will hook you up. Very easy and all through the mail.

Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I voted and he won [:)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top