Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2008 1:27:01 PM EDT
I just found one of these locally for $150. It appears from the photos to be in nice shape. I doubt that it is the trench gun version due to the fact that it has the frt bead sight and no markings ( the "P" and flaming bomb). It does appear to be a genuine riot gun (short barrel). I'll know when I go to see it tonight if the serial numbers match. My question is I've got very limited knowledge and couldn't find what I wanted to know on the internet, what is the rough value? I'll admit I don't want to keep it but rather trade it towards something I want. Is this worth it?

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If you do decide to buy it make sure the firing pin is not broken.  I broke mine dry firing

and haven't been able to find one for many years.  Nice gun though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one I picked up 20 years ago. paid 100.00 for it. It came with iron sights and a U.S. marked soft case.
Years ago i seen several P.D. trade ins. Some of those did have the front bead.
Numrich may still have parts for this. Good gun it was well built. I got 350.00 for it 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same question because I bought one recently myself from my neighbor. I don't know the value because it was a distress/divorce sale and I got mine for $75, which I thought was a great deal. It's in really nice shape.  It seems like a very well built gun and mine operates perfectly.  Best that I can determine, mine was built in the early 20's and somebody took good care of it. I guess it's the riot gun version?  There's not a lot of information about the gun out there and I bet parts are hard to find.  

I can point you to a link that an informed gentleman on another forum sent me to for some more information. It won't give you a value, but it will tell you in detail of this particular  gun's fine reputation.  

(my 520 is the bottom one in the picture, does it look like yours?)

More info -> Stevens 520

http://www.quitthat.com/images/shotgunsweb.jpg

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top