Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2001 4:23:06 AM EDT
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52300-2001Dec16.html

NO! not just no but HELL NO!!
You already have a SS number, a drivers license, a CHL with fingerprints, why another card.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:25:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52300-2001Dec16.html

NO! not just no but HELL NO!!
You already have a SS number, a drivers license, a CHL with fingerprints, why another card.
View Quote

[url]www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52300-2001Dec16.html[/url]

couldn't even read the whole damn thing, its disqusting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:37:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone else have the vision of a man in a long black coat asking for "your papers please"?

Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Replace "mark" with "national ID card"

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: [b]And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark,[/b] or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.  (Revelation 13:16—18)
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:48:56 AM EDT
[#4]
"I know the government will have more access to my information," Jimenez said. "But I know it's going to be used in the right way. I feel protected."

omfg, this guy is either a clueless newbie OR a government shill.  Most likely the latter...

How can people be SO stupid?

[:(]

- CD
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does anyone else have the vision of a man in a long black coat asking for "your papers please"?

View Quote

Your papaz are not in order!  Come with me!

The really sad part is that morons like this guy: "I know the government will have more access to my information, but I know it's going to be used in the right way. I feel protected." actually think this is a good thing.

Hey, I've got a crazy idea!  Instead of persecuting US citizens and treating them like common criminals, why don't we control and track our immigrants.  Hello!  The terrorist attacks were carried out by foreigners...many of whom had overstayed their visas.  How will tracking US citizens help this situation?  It won't.  Maybe we should issue these cards to immigrants and visitors instead.

This won't help anymore than asking grandma if she packed her own bags when she gets to the airport check-in counter.

Pure stupidity.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#6]
So instead of "Let me see your papers."

It will be "Let me see you card."

Still communist/fascist,but a little more PC.

Why are we surrounded by sheeple?
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:11:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Post from FullRange -
Replace "mark" with "national ID card"
View Quote

You got that right!

But always remember, the 'mark' will be something that you voluntarily, knowingly accept, not one that is foisted on you, such as Social Security Numbers, which are now given at birth.

And it appears that it will be something that is physically placed upon either your hand or forehead. Like an implant, such as 'digital angel' etc.

So when something like that is proposed, I surely hope that all of Christendom awakens!

Eric The(EverAwake)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:19:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Jiminez? Ah, they're making that stuff up. Everyone knows he broke his neck when they parachuted into the Nazi camp.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Well if they ask to see my card then they can see the only card I will carry my Colt Mk-4 Series 70 Card and they will get to keep a very small part of it, a 185 grain part. Anyone who will let the government get away with this is not a real American and is nothing but a rotten traitor to everything our Nation used to stand for.

If this actually happens then it will be the time to use our black rifles for what they were designed for, and use every other means at our disposal in the fight for freedom. The line will have been crossed.

I will never receive the mark of the beast and if that means that I will have to die for what I believe then so be it.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#10]
coming soon to a body near you.....

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-121901chips.story[/url]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll show them my NRA card. That should be good enough.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I couldn't read the whole article either.  [puke]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#13]
This is the only part that doesn't bother me.

When Jimenez sits down at a computer on his next ship, the USS George Washington, he will slip the card into a device that will electronically scramble, or encrypt, his e-mail to prevent outsiders from reading it. The same card will automatically give him access to secure rooms across the world. At a military hospital, its chip will one day summon his medical records.
View Quote

such cards probably already exist. if not they should for that specific purpose. not for any other bit mentioned in the artical (not even him getting a sandwich at the base cafe.) such a card would benefit military purposes imensly, have just one card to access all secured areas relevent to you. regardless of your location. instant access to your medical records for docs on milbases where your not near your normal doc who might know your history. but beyond that i dont even want to think about these cards ever being brought into the light without being burned into ashes.

Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I always thought the mark of the Beast would be something really cool, like a tattoo of Damien Thorne's birthmark, or even a tattoo of that cool little devil-kid, Little Hot Stuff.  Now, as it turns out, it's a geeky microchip that I have to carry in my wallet.  If that's the case, I'm not joining the club.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#15]
What's with this talk about a national-id card, when we can have all this stuff implanted underneath your skin like in the movie Logan's Run etc.  That way the PD would know where are all the criminals are and there would be no mistaken midnight raids, shootings etc.  AND of course, there would be little reciever/transmitter to track where your at any time, like in the movie Star Trek-the Next Generation. See link for complete story.
===============================================================

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-121901chips.story[/url]

December 19 2001

By DAVID STREITFELD -- A Florida company is poised to become the first to sell
microchips designed to be implanted into human beings, an achievement that opens
the door to new systems of medical monitoring and ID screening.

Implantable chips have long been discussed by technologists and denounced by
those who object on religious grounds or fear their use by a totalitarian state.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#16]
For anyone even remotely supporting a national ID card:

[img]http://members.telocity.com/~avalon01/polish_id.jpg[/img]

My Great-Aunts ID card. Issued by the Nazi government to all Polish citizens.

[img]http://members.telocity.com/~avalon01/polish_cross.jpg[/img]

The medal my Great-Uncle was awarded by the Polish government after WW2 for surviving a concentration camp.

Anyone telling me that an ID card is for my own saftey is going to be punched in the mouth.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#17]
[>Q]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#18]
What will they have on the card next? Party affiliation? Education? Job status? Where does it end? If they issue those things I'm going to get together with some of my friends, buy an island in the Caribbean, and start my own country. A happy place, where every type of weapon is legal, and we can go scuba diving all year round, and I can build and fly experimental aircraft to my hearts content.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Unfortunately they will probably not have to resort to a card. They will probably advance in the area of DNA testing enough so that they can just take a hair or dead skin sample and tell exactly who you are, just like in Gattica.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#20]
It is unbelievable that people are that Stupid!!!
I guess its all the communist crap they are teaching in school now days.
I know I won't go for this kind of bullshit but alot of young sheeple will.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#21]
AVALON-01----after you punch them in the mouth, send them over to my house and I'll punch them in the mouth and I suspect there are a lot more volunteers around here to do the same.  Stand up to tyranny!  What the hell happened to our free America?
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, but "Citizen, submit for biometric ID scan." by the same black coated type is coming.

It is Later Than You Think!

[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What the hell happened to our free America?
View Quote

We had to give it all up so the terrorists wouldn't win. [>:/]

Av.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#24]
This is all happening so fast; It is hard to believe. Revelation is right on target. God Bless us all by the blood of Christ given for us. I am both scared and excited to think we are witness to the coming days. God help us all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#25]
If the "End Times" are near, like you say, I'd like to start a new thread:  "Best Rifle/Cartridge Combination for the Four Horsemen."

This might be a good excuse to get that .458 SOCOM upper.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Bill Of Rights, Amendment IV:
[i]The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.[/i]

'nuff said.

[img]http://www.donath.org/Rants/NationalID/ReturnedID.jpg[/img]

I'm still waiting for someone to explain what a national ID will [i]actually[/i] do to improve security.

I'm sure this man could tell you much about what happened to his personal security after having a national ID tattooed on his arm:

[img]http://www.qkw.com/racematters/images/314numbers.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 12/19/2001 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Big Brother is Watching You.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top