Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2001 7:41:36 AM EDT
I just started playing this online about a week ago and it's a blast.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I play MechWarrior 4! The projectile weapons rock, especially the shotgun style LBX 20's. Put 4 of those bad boys on a Daishi or Mad Cat Mk 2 and you can kill just about any mech in one or two shots. I'd love to play multiplayer but this modem I'm using is too slow.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#2]
My friends and I play it all the time.  I like to do 5 gauss on a Daishi and sit on a hill.  Nobody can get close enough to touch me.  Especially if there is two of us like that next to each other.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Where can I go to play this game? And does it cost anything?

Thanks

Sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Dale:
Just buy Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance at a store that sells PC games or online. It costs about $29. Practice up and then go online. The guys online are good but if you get into a clan they'll teach you.
I have a MadCat set up for Long range missles. It's a good feeling when you get the lock-on tone and let em rip.

Guardian: What type armor do you use most of the time?
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I love that game.  The story line is good, it actually has a theme and viable campaign.  I have only played over network, not over the internet.  

Where do I go to play online?

Guess I need to dust off the controls to my joystick and fire up my customized "Thanatos" and practice a bit, eh?  
I like the mix of a "knock you on your ass" short range projectile weapon like the LBX-20 and a long range weapon like the "stomp-em" 15 or 20 rack long range missles.

JRB
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to play the board game (Battletech) back in the 80s.  I haven't checked out the Mechwarrior computer games.  Maybe I will now...
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
the only way to play was Battletech over at Virtual world to bad they went belly 5+ years ago
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I went to that virtual Battletech simulator thing once.  It was really cool...but REALLY expensive.  We had one in downtown Chicago.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Rocket,

A good friend of mine got me started on this. We play thru www.zone.com. His zone name is "GMU" and mine is "Sniper_VI". We go online at various times, so it is a hit or a miss to find us there. He is damn good at it too by the way. We have a buddy that is in a Clan also. He is not much fun to play with though........he totally kicks our collective asses!! GMU and I gang up on him all the time, and he still wins the majority of them. Maybe we can all get a game going some time. Later. [:D]

DK [(:|)]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the only way to play was Battletech over at Virtual world to bad they went belly 5+ years ago
View Quote

I think there is still a Battletech Center here in Chicago. Used to play there all the time. Expensive habit though...

After playing Battletech there, the PC games just never seemed good enough.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Z71rat:
I'm on quite a bit lately. I'm with the Warrior Knights clan and my call sign is
WK BK MadRocket. If you want you could probably join our clan.
I'll look out for you guys.

Merry Christmas!
Rocket
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 4:57:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you want you could probably join our clan.
Merry Christmas!
Rocket
View Quote

I'm not that good yet. I appreciate it though. But that doesn't mean we can't get in there and shoot the hell out of each other!! [heavy]

Merry Christmas to you too!! [:D]

DK [(:|)]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been playing BattleTech since '91(on GEnie)

MW4 is the prettiest iteration, but the old EGA version(Multiplayer) was the best (IMHO) because of the economy and planetary capture.

Pyron
The Bloody Clans
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#14]
It is easier to hook up than I thought.  

My call-sign is "Zulu IV".  I like playing mid and heavy mechs.  The assault mechs, like the Atlas and Daishi get a bit boring after a awhile.

See you there!!!

JRB
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#16]
You are talking to a big Mech Warrior, books, board game, RPG, and the game. I don't like Mech: 4 as much as 3 because I don't like the fact that you don't have as much freedom in your loadouts, but I think it's more realistic. The loadout that I use is usualy has 2 clan gauss cannons and 2 light gauss cannons. It's heavy and it's slow but I can take any Mech in the game with 1 shot.

The story line in the game is great, I love the timeline that was on the FASA site. Another game I love is the Fallout series.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top