Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2008 11:24:06 AM EDT
No suprise to me. Fox's new coverage is more balanced than most.

http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/11/internet-fox-ne.html

Poll: Internet, Fox News Are Most Trusted News Sources
By Chris Snyder November 21, 2008 | 3:47:17 PMCategories: Fox, Media, News, TV  

The web is the most trusted news medium (over TV and print combined), and Fox News is the most trusted TV news source, according to results from a new Zogby poll commissioned by the Independent Film Channel.

Fox ruled with 39.3 percent of those polled beating out CNN at 16 percent and MSNBC at 15 percent.

These results are good fodder for Fox in defending its claims of being "Fair and Balanced" –– it's also interesting to note that more people in the poll described themselves as Democrats than Republicans –– but the majority of Americans seem to also have little faith in the media at all.

The online survey of 3,472 adults two days after the election found that three out of four people think that the media influenced the outcome, and about the same number also think that the media in general is biased.

In the other categories, The New York Times was the most trusted newspaper and Rush Limbaugh (12.5 percent) came out on top among news personalities closely followed by Fox’s Bill O’Reilly (10.1 percent).

Elizabeth Hasselbeck, Stephen Colbert and Chris Matthews were the least trusted personalities, all scoring under 2 percent.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Fair and balanced.  The only news channel that will even attempt to present anything other than liberal groupthink.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quite honestly, anyone gets their information from less that five different sources, through three different media, is dangerously underinformed.

They are more likely than not an Obama voter, too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer Fox news for obvious reasons.....but this poll is likely way off since you are comparing one conservative news network to multiple liberal ones that are siphoning votes away from each other.....

In fact I would think my observation would be rather obvious....
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The internet is a way better source of information than any of the cable channels. Shit, I can't remember the last time I watched the news on the TV.

Whenever anything interesting happens, you fuckers catch it right away, start 3 or 4 threads in GD, provide links, and the only bullshit to wade through are the dupe accusations.

Beats the hell out of watching CNN.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I've watched a fair bit of American television news.... And winning in that company is like winning in the special Olympics. They are all rubbish. Fox is just a different flavour of rubbish.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I prefer Fox news for obvious reasons.....but this poll is likely way off since you are comparing one conservative news network to multiple liberal ones that are siphoning votes away from each other.....

It is.

I watch FOX exclusively and read only what is posted here as links after the usuals screen it here in GD. ...............and still I take everything with a grain of salt.

FOX is certainly biased to the right , but then again............so am I.

Right is right.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've watched a fair bit of American television news.... And winning in that company is like winning in the special Olympics. They are all rubbish. Fox is just a different flavour of rubbish.

Bloomberg gives me a headache after about 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not to mention that some liberals consider liberal networks to be too corporate, so they only trust NPR (maybe) and Pacifica

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fair and balanced.  The only news channel that will even attempt to present anything other than liberal groupthink.

+1 As well as can be said.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I consider Fox news on par with comedy central.  You can't take anything that comes from any of these corporate 'news' sources seriously.  Its all propaganda.  I'm no longer concerned with the outside world as I already know whats going to happen months in advance.  And no, I won't tell anyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top