Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2008 9:01:39 AM EDT
Linky

Hunter's Bullet Grazes 2 Kids at Michigan Day Care

BENTON TOWNSHIP, Mich.  —  Authorities in Wisconsin say a hunter's stray bullet has grazed two young boys at a day care near Cheboygan.

The Cheboygan County sheriff's department says a 43-year-old woman fired her rifle at a deer on Thursday but the bullet penetrated a wall and grazed the boys — ages 3 and 5 — inside Angie's Country Kids Day Care in Benton Township.

The Petoskey-News Review reports they were released from a hospital after treatment.

Authorities say the woman was hunting about 400 yards away, and may not have realized there was a day care in the area.

The county prosecutor's office is expected to review the case.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Linky

Hunter's Bullet Grazes 2 Kids at Michigan Day Care

BENTON TOWNSHIP, Mich.  —  Authorities in Wisconsin say a hunter's stray bullet has grazed two young boys at a day care near Cheboygan.

The Cheboygan County sheriff's department says a 43-year-old woman fired her rifle at a deer on Thursday but the bullet penetrated a wall and grazed the boys — ages 3 and 5 — inside Angie's Country Kids Day Care in Benton Township.

The Petoskey-News Review reports they were released from a hospital after treatment.

Authorities say the woman was hunting about 400 yards away, and may not have realized there was a day care in the area.

The county prosecutor's office is expected to review the case.

Can't park a car, can't drive, can't shoot for shit either.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#2]
*sigh* Why don't people get to know the area they are hunting in? I know it's mentioned ad nauseum in the hunter safety classes up here.

Glad none of the kids were seriously hurt.

Wonder if she was an out-of-stater?

In before the women haters make a big deal out of the fact the hunter had ovaries.

Edit: Guess not.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]
See? Here is an example of a stupid gun owner who makes the rest of us look bad. No wonder people hate us! If those were my kids I would flip shit!
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#5]
4. Always know your target and what is beyond it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Where did this happen? Article talks about places in Michigan, but says Wisconsin authorities
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#7]
And this is why you can only hunt with shotguns in some places. Retards that can't be trusted with real weapons get them taken away from everyone.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#8]
But did she get the deer?
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
*sigh* Why don't people get to know the area they are hunting in? I know it's mentioned ad nauseum in the hunter safety classes up here.

In before the women haters make a big deal out of the fact the hunter had ovaries.

Are you a woman? If so you have probably the best avatar on arfcom.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Hunter's safety 101:  Be sure of your backstop.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't find Angie's Country Kids Day Care in the phone book.  A lot of people are reporting this story, but is there any truth to it?

Shane
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I looked this story up and can not find any day care with this name. I smell B.S. Back drop is 101 and this is a good reminder to all hunting and target shooters.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a woman? If so you have probably the best avatar on arfcom.

Yes, I own all the apropriate bits and pieces and thank you, thank you very much!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top