Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 9:52:37 PM EDT
I always thought that was cool how they changed the white lambo to red w/ the water hose.

Well I just watched the youtube video of it and was still amazed.

Then I noticed something. When the white lambo stops on the highway and opens the door to change the speed limit sign you can see the door jams are red. Apparently they just coated the red lambo w/ something white. Then when they came to the hose they just rinsed it off.

Maybe thats what was intended people would think but I always thought they were trying to make some neat trick out of the entire thing. Oh well
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
holy duhmoly Batman

I do like Jackie Chan in the movie tho
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
holy duhmoly Batman

I do like Jackie Chan in the movie tho

Hey, I was 10 when I first saw it and have not thought about it much since.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#3]
cannonball.....................cannonball.................CANNONBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.......
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember watching that at the drive-in as a kid.

Terry Bradshaw, Bert Convy and Mel Tillis.

How can you go wrong with that cast?

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Don't forget Telly Savalas baby!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Adrienne Barbeau.
Both of her!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I am still in pursuit of a white Lamborghini.  This is not a recording.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah that was the intent.  What's the quickest way to disguise a car running from the police?  Change the color.  Everybody is looking for a white lamborghini, the red one isn't going to get as much attention, you hope.  Countachs are still my favorite Lamborghini model.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah that was the intent.  What's the quickest way to disguise a car running from the police?  Change the color.  Everybody is looking for a white lamborghini, the red one isn't going to get as much attention, you hope.  Countachs are still my favorite Lamborghini model.

They have that crazy rocket ship styling.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#10]
The Black Lambo in the first one was nicer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Absolute TERRIBLE car to drive tho.  Its the dream car you're better off never getting the chance to drive, let alone own.  Winning the lottery and buying a Countach will end up like the Crying Game....
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I always thought that was cool how they changed the white lambo to red w/ the water hose.

Well I just watched the youtube video of it and was still amazed.

Then I noticed something. When the white lambo stops on the highway and opens the door to change the speed limit sign you can see the door jams are red. Apparently they just coated the red lambo w/ something white. Then when they came to the hose they just rinsed it off.

Maybe thats what was intended people would think but I always thought they were trying to make some neat trick out of the entire thing. Oh well

The intent was... It was painted red with water soluble paint, so they could wash it off and fool the smokeys.
SHEESH!... Haven't you ever been in a chase before?!!!...This stuff is really very elementary!

FWIW, Adrienne Barbeau's "headlights" were another highlight in that flick.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget Telly Savalas baby!

um, hello?!?!?  CHARLES NELSON REILLY!
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 7:40:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Somewhere Brock Yates is still pissed about how the first one turned out.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#15]
awesome movie
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#16]
the first one came out the same summer I was in Driver's Ed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top