Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2008 6:10:21 PM EDT
Here

Holy crap!!! How cool is that!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to fly RC and have seen those in flight, very impressive.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool.............looks alot faster than 200

The guy flyin it has serious skills.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Impressive for sure but that guy will be one of the first targets of the Obama Internal Security Apparatus FO SHO!  They allow the subjects of the crown to have those but not .38 caliber pistols.  Amazing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#4]
For anyone wondering, yes, they use real jet turbines.

Also, somebody posted a dynamic soaring (that'd be unpowered flight using ridge winds and other air currents for the non-aviation-inclined) vid with record-setting speeds WELL above 200 MPH...
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow!  That thing has some sack to it!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm on R/C hiatus, as the local county won't let you get a field anywhere.  Still have a bunch of stuff in long-term storage.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on R/C hiatus, as the local county won't let you get a field anywhere.  Still have a bunch of stuff in long-term storage.

I work with a guy who fys up in PG County, MD if your anywhere close.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Here are some SAD RC jet crashes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSuawMl4lOo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDil4F8yJ7s&feature=related

my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55MGBXOTm2I
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I know where PGRC is.  Just don't have the time, we used to fly on the EPG Belvoir until the new head honcho didn't like us around all the unexploded ordinance that might be hidden  Cool place tho that only our club was allowed on, lots of ammo magazines, and chunks of stuff from old weapons testing you would see here and there when you had to go on an expedition to help a felow R/C'r on their walk of shame to find their plane....

Beautiful runway.  There is the ghost of a 1950's air base hidden there as well, pcs of tarmac and what not.  Our field was built on part of it.  You can actually see it on google earth.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I've never done the RC thing before, but I've always thought it was cool. This just took it to a whole 'nother level. And since when have they made retractable landing gear for 'em?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZCH1492CzA

arfcommer???

edit: I'm big into rc helis. I do fly full scale airplanes, but i'm still too poor to afford heli time. My current project is called a Trex 700. It will lift about 10 pounds. I have an opportunity though, to take a ride in a little bird.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#14]
that's insane!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Worked with a guy that was a RC nut. Watched him build a plane over 5 years and close to $10K sunk in it.

Went with him for it's maiden flight. Got it airborne and trimmed out level, then kept on flying until out of sight and was totally lost. Seems he failed to install fresh batteries in his hand controler Guy shrugged and just started again.

Hootbro
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top