Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2008 5:42:42 PM EDT
So i have a newer nissan armada

I put "blended" oil (some special half syntetic half regular oil) in it one time at a jiffy lube type place

Next time I went back there they said they were out and I put pure synthetic oil in it. Problem is it was like 80 bucks for the oil change

Now that I have had sythetic once (or one and a half times really) can i only now use synthetic oil from now on?

I think I heard that once but want to see if its true.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not true, you can switch back and forth as you desire!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Old Wives Tale.  I still prefer dead Dino.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 08 Nissan Titan. Same engine and transmission as yours. I use full synthetic, but change the oil myself. It runs me about $40 for an oil change using Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30. These are also the simplest vehicles ever to do an oil change on. You can actually grab the oil filter with both hands.

You can switch back and forth all you want between synthetic and regular oil. Check out Bob is the Oil Guy. Go to the forums there and you'll find all kinds of information.

Here is my lab test from Blackstone Labs using Amsoil 0W-30 fully synthetic oil. These Nissan engines wear really nice.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top