User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2008 11:23:12 AM EDT
Short video but funny Westboro Baptist Church Rick Rolled
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#1]
That's funny.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Did Westboro ever protest at Obama's Grandmother's funeral?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did Westboro ever protest at Obama's Grandmother's funeral?

Why would they?  I thought they only protested at the funerals of our Military KIA.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
They started protesting the funerals of anyone who died from AIDS, and flew the Iranian flag because they approve of Iran's policy of killing gays.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They started protesting the funerals of anyone who died from AIDS, and flew the Iranian flag because they approve of Iran's policy of killing gays.

Who's next on their list???
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone they see as being associated with gays, basically. This includes the entire US of A.

They threatened to do Princess Diana's funeral, but I don't think they managed to pull it off. I would have paid money to see that, and them getting their heads kicked in by a bunch of angry yobs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone they see as being associated with gays, basically. This includes the entire US of A.

They threatened to do Princess Diana's funeral, but I don't think they managed to pull it off. I would have paid money to see that, and them getting their heads kicked in by a bunch of angry yobs.

Oh I forgot their mantra, "God hates fags".  Wonder what version of the Bible they got that out of???
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I forgot their mantra, "God hates fags".  Wonder what version of the Bible they got that out of???

God doesn't HATE people, but the Bible makes it pretty clear that homosexuality is a sign of depravity.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I like this one...

linky
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I never understood why they read the entire Bible, and decided to hone in on the homosexual parts. It's really not discussed all that much in the Bible. It's prohibited, it's considered a sin on par with a litany of other sins, and that's that.

There are worse evils, like denying the trinity, or something. But no, they want to focus on fags. Some people. <shrug>
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their "racket" is to piss people off then sue them into a fat settlement after the people being protested react.

I'm not sure they even believe what they're saying. I just think they view the people they protest as a revenue source.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God doesn't HATE people, but the Bible makes it pretty clear that homosexuality is a sign of depravity.
And the friendly folks at Westboro are about as depraved as it gets.  They are completely missing the point of the New Testament and why Jesus took the good time and trouble to come down to Earth and get himself crucified.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#13]
They've had godhatesfags.com up for over a decade now.

Their splash page is currently a pic of one of them stomping on Old Glory.

Fun fact: Phelps was a delegate for Al Gore in 88, and has hosted Gore fundraiser BBQs at his compound.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the friendly folks at Westboro are about as depraved as it gets.  They are completely missing the point of the New Testament and why Jesus took the good time and trouble to come down to Earth and get himself crucified.

How true, look at who Christ spent most of his time with, the dregs of society.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I never understood why they read the entire Bible, and decided to hone in on the homosexual parts. It's really not discussed all that much in the Bible. It's prohibited, it's considered a sin on par with a litany of other sins, and that's that.

There are worse evils, like denying the trinity, or something. But no, they want to focus on fags. Some people. <shrug>

They probably haven't read the whole book.  Most people haven't.  It's easier for someone else to tell you what it says, especially if they're telling you only what you want to hear.  Sin is sin, there's no hierarchy of what will and won't get you kicked out of Heaven.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I only read THIS PART.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ryan Clark was gay... when I found out they were planning on protesting the VT funerals, I had a very, very long debate with myself as to whether jail time would be worth it....  IIRC someone gave them time on a radio station in exchange for not protesting.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I'm not disputing that point.  In the New Testament, Jesus never mentioned homosexuals, but He describes WBC-ish types perfectly.  I'm convinced these people are either mentally ill/brainwashed, or trying to run some kind of Jesse Jackson shakedown scheme.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They've had godhatesfags.com up for over a decade now.

Their splash page is currently a pic of one of them stomping on Old Glory.

Fun fact: Phelps was a delegate for Al Gore in 88, and has hosted Gore fundraiser BBQs at his compound.

Got a pic?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Got a pic?

Ask and ye shall receive!

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I only read THIS PART.

You know what bugs me about that? There are actually Biblical reasons why those do not apply to modern day Christians (not fanciful picking and choosing - actual justification for the position, appealing to the Bible itself), but folks never want to hear it. They're so hell bent on screaming "hypocrite!!!!", they can't be bothered to listen to some very learned people who might take the time to explain this to them.

Incidentally, I think a large part of the Bible is crap, but there is no excuse for not understanding it, if you're going to criticize it. Some very smart Christians have explained these things over and over, but everybody plugs their ears and refuses to learn.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You know what bugs me about that? There are actually Biblical reasons why those do not apply to modern day Christians

I know that. It's still a funny parody.

Lots of Leviticus is just arbitrary as hell, though. I actually did read the entire book, skipping most of Numbers.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#24]
...sometimes I wonder (hope that?) that they are just some sort of 1st amendment rights group.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they really are that retarded.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Denile.... Not just a river in Egypt.

I would bet good money that the founder of that 'church' has had, shall we say, impure thoughts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back before they went after soldiers these assholes had some followers in GD, nice to see someone stayed faithful.

Grow up.  I'm not a "follower" or even defending these people.  I was simply clarifying the point, that while God doesn't hate homosexuals, He DOES hate the sin, just as He hates a whole other list of sins, such as drunkeness, idolatry, gossip, etc.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Guys, I didn't start this post to turn it into a religion bashing, I just wanted to post a funny video of a kid Rick Rolling them.   Lets keep this civil.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their "racket" is to piss people off then sue them into a fat settlement after the people being protested react.

I'm not sure they even believe what they're saying. I just think they view the people they protest as a revenue source.

That's a big part.  
Is it wrong to hope that someday, someone reacts with claymores and an M-249...  In full view of a bunch of 'uncooperative' witnesses?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I wonder if their refrigerator is running.

I'd better call and find out.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Dear Friends
kind regards
I know that Phelps is hated here for picketing military funerals but I believe that Pastor Phelps is justified in his condemnation of homosexuality.
Someone mentioned that homosexuality is not talked about that much in the Bible.
However, there are plenty of passages relating to homosexuality both in the Old and the New Testaments.
If it wasn't in the Bible, then Fred Phelps would most certainly not preach about it.
Having said that, I think Pastor Phelps does it for attention, mostly.
10 years ago no one was aware of the Westboro Baptist Church but their defiant picketing displays earned them a reputation worldwide.
A while ago I listened to some of Pastor Phelps sermons and I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.
If you are willing not to take Phelps seriously, then you will most definitely be entertained by the following sermon.
Here is the link.
funny phelps sermon
If you take the time to listen to this sermon I promise that you will fall out of your chair laughing.
yours thankfully
John
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I've hated him since about 96 or so. Back then he was picketing non-military funerals and praising the Ayatollahs.

He is a douchebag of epic proportions, and deserves to be buried alive in a crate of hungry weasel.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Dear Friends
kind regards
I know that Phelps is hated here for picketing military funerals but I believe that Pastor Phelps is justified in his condemnation of homosexuality.
Someone mentioned that homosexuality is not talked about that much in the Bible.
However, there are plenty of passages relating to homosexuality both in the Old and the New Testaments.
If it wasn't in the Bible, then Fred Phelps would most certainly not preach about it.
10 years ago no one was aware of the Westboro Baptist Church but their defiant picketing displays earned them a reputation worldwide.
A while ago I listened to some of Pastor Phelps sermons and I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.
If you are willing not to take Phelps seriously, then you will most definitely be entertained by the following sermon.
Here is the link.
funny phelps sermon
If you take the time to listen to this sermon I promise that you will fall out of your chair laughing.
yours thankfully
John

Fuck you.

ETA - I don't give a fuck what else he has done, picketing U.S. Soldiers' funerals is disgusting.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear Friends
kind regards
Here is the link.
funny phelps sermon
yours thankfully
John

Fuck you.

ETA - I don't give a fuck what else he has done, picketing U.S. Soldiers' funerals is disgusting.

Guys, AGAIN, I am asking to keep this civil,  I DID NOT start this thread to turn it into a religious bashing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#35]
OP request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top