Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2008 10:38:48 AM EDT
If you haven't seen it, treat yourself to a full showing. In the meantime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Nf1MK7lts
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Great movie!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#2]
fist half is great

second half is so-so
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
fist half is great

second half is so-so

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The second half is barely watchable,
The first half is GOLD.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, great clip.  I forgot how damn good that flick was, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#6]
A good flick but I am tired of seeing, hearing or having anyone mention it.  

This movie is quoted by more annoying asshats than any other movie I can think of beside Apocalypse Now.

People have an obession with quoting good movies until you are sick in the face, hearing their idiot blathering, that you now hate the movie that inspired it.

Rant over!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#7]
"Private Pyle, you had best square your ass away and start shitting me Tiffany cuff links, or I will definitely fuck you up"

"What's your excuse?"
"Sir, excuse for what,sir?"
"I'm asking the fucking questions here private, do you understand?"
"Well thank you very much, can I be in charge for a while?"
"Sir, yes, sir."
Are you shook up? Are you nervous?
Sir, I am, sir.
Do I make you nervous?
Sir?
"Sir" what? Were you about to call me an asshole?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#8]
So, um, whatfuckingmovieisit?

OK, got it from the above post.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
fist half is great

second half is so-so

+1
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This movie is quoted by more annoying asshats than any other movie I can think of beside Apocalypse Now.

People have an obession with quoting good movies until you are sick in the face, hearing their idiot blathering, that you now hate the movie that inspired it.

Rant over!

you would go apeshit at my house

wife and I play "moviequote" at the supper table

we are able to carry on full conversations using the dialogue from various movies

She can do the mom from Slingblade to a T

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I can never get tired of watching that movie.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#12]
The actual combat/war parts suck ass, I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Rant over!

Well, what is your major malfunction???!!  

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rant over!

we are able to carry on full conversations using the dialogue from various movies

Sounds kinda creepy.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rant over!

Mostly is stems from because I am in the military, that everyone I know, in or out of the military quotes those two movies the most.  In basic after we graduated we got to watch a movie, you know what everyone chose?  Full Metal Jacket, I went to bed and took a nap, until the bus came.  Now that I am going to CSAR to be a FE/Gunner everyone quotes "The Doorgunner" scene.  Same with Apacolypse now.  Everyone rips off the "I love the smell of napalm" quote.  Great lines, great movies, but damn give it rest...

You know how annoying it is to listen to two years of "Yeahhh"  "I'm Rick James Bitch!"  "I'm rich beotch!" and a ton of other Dave Chappell Show quotes while it was on?  

I am the type of person that usually watches a movie only once or twice.  So the next time I see it, it is like something new again.  So once overkill sets in, I get real annoyed real quick, I have learned to tune most of it out but people are just annoying fucks most of the time.

I have been quoting, "I'm a land farmer motha-fucka!"  A lot, so I am not completely inncoent of this myself.  But nobody knows what movie it is from.

If you quote new movies I'm cool with that.  But if you are still quoting something from the 1980's... time to update your portfolio.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rant over!

Mostly is stems from because I am in the military, that everyone I know, in or out of the military quotes those two movies the most.  In basic after we graduated we got to watch a movie, you know what everyone chose?  Full Metal Jacket, I went to bed and took a nap, until the bus came.  Now that I am going to CSAR to be a FE/Gunner everyone quotes "The Doorgunner" scene.  Same with Apacolypse now.  Everyone rips off the "I love the smell of napalm" quote.  Great lines, great movies, but damn give it rest...

You know how annoying it is to listen to two years of "Yeahhh"  "I'm Rick James Bitch!"  "I'm rich beotch!" and a ton of other Dave Chappell Show quotes while it was on?  

I am the type of person that usually watches a movie only once or twice.  So the next time I see it, it is like something new again.  So once overkill sets in, I get real annoyed real quick, I have learned to tune most of it out but people are just annoying fucks most of the time.

I have been quoting, "I'm a land farmer motha-fucka!"  A lot, so I am not completely inncoent of this myself.  But nobody knows what movie it is from.

If you quote new movies I'm cool with that.  But if you are still quoting something from the 1980's... time to update your portfolio.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The actual combat/war parts suck ass, I'm sorry.

Gotta love the door gunner at least
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
fist half is great

second half is so-so

Yep.

When I saw this I knew exactly what the film was.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top