Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2001 7:44:05 PM EDT
Jesus Christ! I know I haven't posted here very much, but I have been frequenting the chatroom a bit lately.

I entered the chatroom, and I wont say HER name, but she know's who I'm talking about. Anyways, she accused me of being someone else, a troll apparently. It was because my ISP had some numbers (my IP address), and @ATTBI.com, like the other persons did.

I insisted to her that I was not him. And asked her what the troll's ISP was, and she gave me a list of numbers like this: [email protected]. Then she listed mine, which I'll keep to myself. Either way, it was completely different, execpt for the attbi part.

I explained to her that they were different IP addresses, and they was not the same. She didn't believe me, and said I had changed my IP by dialing back up. I then explained to her how it was not possible how I could have changed my IP. Seeing as that ATTBI is cable internet service, and the dialup for AT&T is ATTWORLDNET. Also how ATTBI uses a DHCP server to get an IP address, meaning it dynamically gets it for me, and I cannot change it. While Dialup uses a static IP addressing.

We argued for a little while longer, she wouldn't admit I was right, or even apologize. She just said, "leave it at that". I mean come on, I should have at least got an apology. Then a few seconds later, I was banned.

Moderators NEED [b]strict[/b] guidelines in order to kick or ban someone. Not just use personal opinion.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I seldom go to the Chat room, simply cause it's so hard to keep up with the conversations that are going on. I like the long, leisurely posting routine on the Board, a whole lot better!

But I cannot conceive of any reason that anyone would try to screw up either the Chat room or the Board. I mean, what's the purpose?

So I don't care if someone shows up in the Chat room that has a reputation for nastiness so long as that nastiness is not openly displayed during their visit.

I mean if Sarah Brady or Al Gore came to my house and conducted themselves as reasonable guests, I would be hard pressed to throw them out the front door.

Being a fundamentalist, I am always a believer in the possibility of redemption!

Eric The('CourseInAl'sOrSarah'sCase,There'dHaveToBeAWholeLottaRedeemingGoingOn!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mean if Sarah Brady or Al Gore came to my house and conducted themselves as reasonable guests, I would be hard pressed to throw them out the front door.

View Quote

Sarah wouldn't be so bad to throw out--she's lost about 40 lbs.  Now Al, he gained 'em.  Hehe
View Quote

ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
What ?????????

Moderators are NOT Gods !  [:O]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Take it with a grain of salt and calmly talk about it through a private chat window... if that doesnt resolve it, just leave, email me and I will wh00p some ass if needed...

Now who do I need to spank???

"A spanking, a spanking!!!"
View Quote

After I got banned, I PM'd her, only thing is, she wouldn't respond to me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you try PMSing her?
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did you try PMSing her?
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top