Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2008 3:52:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:54:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
East Bank retards. As for the fire fighter, he probably deserved it. Just about all their volunteers have been convicted of setting fires in East Bank.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:05:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
East Bank retards. As for the fire fighter, he probably deserved it. Just about all their volunteers have been convicted of setting fires in East Bank.

I went to High School there. Grew up a few towns up river. That whole area is chock full of stupid. The police are just for revenue in speed traps. The fire dept's usually have to start their own fires as mentioned above, Handley had some arsonists just as East Bank. Pratt (where I grew up) had their own fire house burn down about 25 or 30 years ago...... Glad I moved.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:08:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Double tap. Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to High School there. Grew up a few towns up river. That whole area is chock full of stupid. The police are just for revenue in speed traps. The fire dept's usually have to start their own fires as mentioned above, Handley had some arsonists just as East Bank. Pratt (where I grew up) had their own fire house burn down about 25 or 30 years ago...... Glad I moved.

I'm so sorry

It's funny that you can go about 5 miles out of Charleston and feel like civilization is a thousand miles away.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:11:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
East Bank Mayor Chuck Blair says Sgt. Steve Smith was fired after the Town Council learned of the incidents in September. Smith had been on probation because he had not been an officer for more than a year.

How is it that he can be a Sergeant after being with the department less than a year?

It's like the militia, you can give yourself any ranking you want
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:12:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
East Bank Mayor Chuck Blair says Sgt. Steve Smith was fired after the Town Council learned of the incidents in September. Smith had been on probation because he had not been an officer for more than a year.

How is it that he can be a Sergeant after being with the department less than a year?

It's called "Blood Stripes".
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Impossible, because I heard the governor of Alaska was found guilty of an ethics violation because she wanted to fire a state trooper for something similar. Maybe someone else heard something about that, dunno.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:19:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lateral from another department?

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:28:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At my department back when we had two fulltimers one was the Chief the other the LT. We went through several LT's.

When I went through mandate training in 1996, had an 18 year old in my class.  Upon graduation, he was Deputy Chief.  He was with a 3 man dept.  Chief, Deputy Chief, and patrol officer.  He was hired as patrol officer.  Deputy Chief quit halfway through mandate training.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:32:34 AM EDT
[#13]
fuck, I own stock in taser...
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:49:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm so sorry

It's funny that you can go about 5 miles out of Charleston and feel like civilization is a thousand miles away.

No kidding!  Wait... What?  Charleston is civilization?  I'll be damned.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#16]
It sounds like that was a "stun gun," not a taser.  Even so, that is still quite dumb and inappropriate.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:31:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It sounds like that was a "stun gun," not a taser.  Even so, that is still quite dumb and inappropriate.

Taser does both.

The guy is a dip no doubt.  I consider decisions as such to be a symptom of generally bad decison making and it is probably a good thing he is out of circulation.

Joe

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:34:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm so sorry

Touche

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:35:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taser does both.

The guy is a dip no doubt.  I consider decisions as such to be a symptom of generally bad decison making and it is probably a good thing he is out of circulation.

Joe

Yeah, but she said the power setting was low.  She could just be ignorant, or trying to cover up for her friend...but all the Tasers I have seen only have two settings. "Off" and "50K volts"

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm so sorry

Touche

Hey, I live in South Charleston, just talking out of love here

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:41:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's true! I still get up there from time to time. If I moved back, it'd be to Charleston or west down towards Teay's Valley. It was a great place to grow up, just no future back in the day. I did go to college Tech as well. So I have had my fill of the upper Kanawha river valley.
Nothing left up there but drugs and welfare.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Taser does both.

Joe

St. Albans will probably hire him. They hired the Charleston cop that blew through a red light with no lights/siren and killed a woman.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Don't tase me bro!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I am happy I live in that other Charleston.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Taser does both.

Joe

Yeah, but she said the power setting was low.  She could just be ignorant, or trying to cover up for her friend...but all the Tasers I have seen only have two settings. "Off" and "50K volts"

It's probably what he told her to let him do it. Kind of like I will only stick the head in.

Exactly what I was thinking! LOL!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#27]
He should have gotten a pass on this one.  It's W. Va. people, they are still excited about electricity and now a hand thingy that shoots sparks and makes people jump.  He obviously couldn't help himself.......
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Taser does both.

Joe

St. Albans will probably hire him. They hired the Charleston cop that blew through a red light with no lights/siren and killed a woman.

My hometown.
Yep, 21 officers with assigned cruisers in this little town and now one of them has already broke the law and killed somebody at his old job.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
He should have gotten a pass on this one.  It's W. Va. people, they are still excited about electricity and now a hand thingy that shoots sparks and makes people jump.  He obviously couldn't help himself.......

nah, were just tough and like to do stupid shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top