Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 5:50:53 PM EDT
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2008/11/19_challenged_ballots/

I'm not sure what is more dumb, some of these challenges or the fact that said people are allowed to vote.

The lizard people one made me laugh though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF is wrong with some people.  You usually see the directions to vote like 10 times by the time you make it to your booth.  Yet people fuck that up.  How hard is it to make ONE mark per race?  Why the fuck would you write-in "lizard people" and then not vote for them?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]
For fuck sake how hard is it, you bubble it right its a vote, you fuck up somehow it goes in the trash...goddamn people, how many scantrons you gotta take in school to figure it out.  These stupid fucking democrats, what the hell is so bad about making rules and expecting people to follow them, you play by the rules you get your vote you break the rules too fucking bad... fuck the intent, how bout the folks that intended to go to the polls but didn't make it, we don't wanna cheat them.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If we can have computer programs that deal with millions of credit card transactions per day.. why in the fuck can't somebody come up with a failsafe touch screen voting system..

Obviously the paper ballot system sucks.. they end up with fucked up bubbles, hanging chads, etc..

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If we can have computer programs that deal with millions of credit card transactions per day.. why in the fuck can't somebody come up with a failsafe touch screen voting system..

Obviously the paper ballot system sucks.. they end up with fucked up bubbles, hanging chads, etc..

I think the one NY has been using for a very long time (I think ~100 years) is one of the best ones out there. All mechanical switch driven. (To do a write in, you open a door and write in the candidate.once you open it...it locks all the other options.) It is impossible to vote for more than one candidate, and being mechanical it makes 'hard copies' of every vote cast.

Looks like this

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad the Democrats don't want to disenfranchise any voters.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#6]
It doesn't matter what kind of system gets put in place,there are dumb motherfuckers who will manage to totally screw it up.

Some people could fuck up an iron wedge, and they are walking around (and voting) just like normal people
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Why is it so hard to fill in the oval? Are these people even competent to vote??
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
The problem I see with the "NO" and the underline/x-out stuff is that you can't tell who did it and when. It would be real easy for an ACORN type to run around and start adding shit in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top