Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 4:57:43 PM EDT
I’m looking for a movie that was heavily excerpted on the Comedy Channel (when it was a clip channel; Night After Night starring Allan Havey was a staple). The one scene I recall most was someone that looked like Anthony Michael Hall sitting at a desk; his position was to take insane complaints. Some of the complaints involved whaling or baby seals or something and the complaint-taker getting sprayed in blood or oil.

That’s the end of the concrete recall; I associate the CEO dying and the former complaint-taker somehow worming his way in as a replacement (à la Weekend at Bernie’s). I also had this movie confused with Network and Broadcast News; based on the air dates of Comedy Channel (1989-1991), I think they’re both eliminated.

So, crazy complaint desk scene, probably already on video by 1990. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like Head Office with Judge Reinhold and Danny Devito.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It sounds like Head Office with Judge Reinhold and Danny Devito.

Damn you're fast

Head Office

Guess I should't have stopped to get the link
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that was fast! Thanks! (dvd ordered)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top