Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 3:48:32 PM EDT
Hi All, I'm interested in checkering and would like to try my hand at it. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good basic set? I've looked at Brownells and Midway and I get the C&R discount at both places...they have quite a few options between the two of them. I would rather spend a little bit more and get a reasonable set that could grow with me as opposed to something I will have to replace shortly after I get it. Anyone else do this? References, tutorials, patterns online, etc are welcome. Thanks very much!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:01:06 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone in the morning crew give this a try? Would fudd.com be a better place to ask?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:05:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:10:27 AM EDT
[#3]
There was a thread a few weeks ago in the 1911 forum showing some home gunsmithing with checkering files. Can't remember the OP but he did an excellent job.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:13:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There was a thread a few weeks ago in the 1911 forum showing some home gunsmithing with checkering files. Can't remember the OP but he did an excellent job.

Thanks guys! Just found this one with a search. Guess I have to get out more since I didn't realize we had a gunsmithing forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top