Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 3:27:59 PM EDT
I can't stand it when someone calls me on a cellphone, and I'm in the middle of something, so I tell them that I'll call them back in 5 or 10 minutes and then when I call them back they don't answer. I just don't fucking get it. If you wanted to talk to me 5 minutes ago then why the fuck do you not want to talk to me now ? This highly infuriates me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I can't stand it when someone calls me on a cellphone, and I'm in the middle of something, so I tell them that I'll call them back in 5 or 10 minutes and then when I call them back they don't answer. I just don't fucking get it. If you wanted to talk to me 5 minutes ago then why the fuck do you not want to talk to me now ? This highly infuriates me.

Maybe THEY can't talk to YOU now because THEY are busy.  They called you when they had the time.  Not everybody revolves their entire life around your schedule.  Just maybe you're not the only person they need to talk to today, and when you called back, they were taking care of some other business.

You aren't the only person in the world, you know.

edited:  As a business owner, I've dumped more than one customer for being an arrogant prick.  And it's usually the small-time customers that are this way.  The bigger  customers usually understand things happen.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are in the middle of something, don't even answer the phone.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My wife will ring the bell off a phone and leave no message.  She will do it over and over and over.  Man that drives me nuts.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:25:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maybe THEY can't talk to YOU now because THEY are busy.  They called you when they had the time.  Not everybody revolves their entire life around your schedule.  Just maybe you're not the only person they need to talk to today, and when you called back, they were taking care of some other business.

I could see if I called them back an hour later. But 5 or 10 minutes ? Why even bother calling me if you can't talk 5 or 10 minutes later ?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you are in the middle of something, don't even answer the phone.

Hehe, I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could see if I called them back an hour later. But 5 or 10 minutes ? Why even bother calling me if you can't talk 5 or 10 minutes later ?

Why answer the phone if you can't talk, thats why they made voice mail
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

because they wanted and/or were available to talk THEN.

Not 5 or 10 minutes from then when you were available.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top