Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 2:12:05 PM EDT
For the BAD GUYS!!

Watching Dayton, Ohio news tonight and another Sheriff's Dept. is making "cuts".

Laying off more LEO's

We are loosing our Public Defenders and our Fire Fighters all over the place, and we "might" be loosing our "Right" to defend ourselves..

With no First Responders and no way to defend and protect ourselves,,,it won't be the Zoombies we'll have to worry about,, it will be the Bad Guys and there will be more of them, once they lose their jobs and Unemployment & Welfare runs out.

SHIT STORM is coming,,,,,,What are you going to do???

Lost your job––-no income––––got bills to pay––––kids to feed––––someone is about to repo your car––––-morgage co. is forcing you out of your home.

Crime rates all over, WERE on the way down,,,,,,but things are about to CHANGE!!

"o" better have "one hella of game plan"!!!

MERRY "fucking" CHRISTMAS
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#1]
DY-NO-MITE!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Damn beat me to it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Some extra 200 rnds of ammo yesterday.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Zoombies?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Zoombies?

after we've loost our public defenders

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Zoombies?

really fast crack head zombies
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Merry-Fuckin-Christmas is Right...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The Supreme Court affirms the 2nd Amendment as an individual right to self-defense and we still have nay sayers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Damn beat me to it.

You guys are fast.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zoombies?

really fast crack head zombies

lol
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm perfectly capable of defending myself thank you.
I think we have too many police and firefighters as it is.

They can always get a job doing something else, then come back to popo/fireman later
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Supreme Court affirms the 2nd Amendment as an individual right to self-defense and we still have nay sayers.

you forgot the "subject to reasonable restrictions" part...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Return of the vigilantes

The victims are often found lying in roadside ditches on the outskirts of teeming favelas, the makeshift slums surrounding Rio de Janeiro or industrial São Paulo. Their hands are usually tied behind their backs with nylon cord. The bodies often show signs of torture: cigarette burns, bruises, broken teeth, occasionally even castration. Almost all are riddled with gunshot wounds. Sometimes the corpses have been drenched in gasoline and then set ablaze, making identification impossible.

Those grisly scenes of execution are becoming alarmingly commonplace in Brazil's major cities. Hundreds of such deaths have been reported so far this year, over 150 of them in Rio's northern slum of Baixada Fluminense. On one typical day this month, Rio police discovered seven scarred and bullet-torn bodies. The victims included a suspected prostitute, a transvestite, a photographer and his girlfriend.

Who is responsible for the executions? The most frequent claimants are gangs of self-styled vigilantes who boast that they are fighting an underground war against the crime that infests the underpoliced favelas. Since 1965, the number of slum dwellers in Rio has risen from 450,000 to a staggering 1.7 million. Lacking adequate sanitation, schooling and jobs, the ramshackle favelas have become breeding grounds for crime and violence, out of which have come the countercrime and violence of the vigilantes. Explains Eduardo Fagundes, who is the present head of the Brazilian bar, "Ten years ago the death squads received open support from higher authorities. Now they act on the belief that the legal system is completely inert."

In Rio, the vigilantes usually identify themselves as the Mão Branco, the White Hand, and their counterparts in São Paulo go by the name the Black Hand. Typically, a gang member will telephone local police and newspapers, announcing in mocking terms where the latest "meat" will be dropped; almost invariably, a corpse is found there.

Many slum dwellers applaud the vigilantes, especially since the majority of victims have been suspected criminals. The police, for their part, attribute the many killings to gangland drug wars. Yet perhaps the most frightening theory is that the police themselves may be moonlighting as "protection teams" hired by fearful merchants to clean up their neighborhoods.

The last possibility has a disturbing ring. During the harshest years of Brazil's military dictatorship, between 1968 and 1976, lawless police "death squads" administered justice with violent and often arbitrary force. Some of the latest executions do point to police participation. Numerous corpses have been found clad only in shorts, similar to those worn by prisoners in Brazilian jails. Gunshot wounds have obviously been inflicted by heavy-gauge shotguns and other weapons used by the military police. There have also been reports of victims being dragged from their homes by men wearing police uniforms. Most witnesses, including relatives of the victims, are, understandably, afraid to speak up, and investigations have been delayed by official foot dragging. Yet the implications are clear. Says Raymundo Faoro, past president of the Brazilian bar association: "There is undoubtedly police involvement in some killings, or else the killers are parapolice groups acting with police protection."
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#15]
to DOP,,,,,you might be missing my point––-I can defend myself as well, but I still NEED a job for gas, food, rent.

There ARE NO JOBS,,,anywhere,,,for me,you, and all the laid-off people.

Unless you live on a mountain top, grow a garden, take game, have plenty of candles, wood burning fireplace, cut & chop trees for firewood with an axe,,you are going to be in the same boat as a lot of us!!!

And "if" so,,someone will see you are surviving,,,,and then WHATCHA GOING TO DO??
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Tucson is already having a record year for homicides... paper has the tally YTD at 73.. next highest whole YEAR is only 60.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I've never been threatened by 'zoombies'.  I'm for these cuts.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#18]

The rate of violent crime always increases during economic downturns.  Well established pattern in FBI statistics.

Cutting police services should be a last resort for budget strapped cities and towns, but sometimes they have no choice.

Yes, this is a prescription for "interesting" times ahead.

But hey, remember, we don't "need" guns to defend ourselves.  That's what the police are for.  I know this because a liberal told me so.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tucson is already having a record year for homicides... paper has the tally YTD at 73.. next highest whole YEAR is only 60.

Ironic that Obama is choosing the governor of AZ as the Homeland Security head.  She'll probably do to America what she did to Arizona.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zoombies?

after we've loost our public defenders

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top