Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 8:33:24 AM EDT
It's a beautiful day in the city of hippies.  I had the car loaded up with too many rifles, pistols and ammo.  Lots of freaking ammo.  Dropped off the kids at school and was about to head out when I get the call from my housekeeper.  The washing machine was vomiting water and the kitchen was flooded.  Cool!

So I head home, mop, sweep, dry.  Then, clever me, wants to know how it happened, so I turn the water back on and crank up the machine... only to flood again.  I'm super smart.  It's a front loading job and the door comes open when it's full of water.  Oh joyous day.

So now I'm posting on freaking arfcom about the day that wasn't.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It's a beautiful day in the city of hippies.  I had the car loaded up with too many rifles, pistols and ammo.  Lots of freaking ammo.  Dropped off the kids at school and was about to head out when I get the call from my housekeeper.  The washing machine was vomiting water and the kitchen was flooded.  Cool!

So I head home, mop, sweep, dry.  Then, clever me, wants to know how it happened, so I turn the water back on and crank up the machine... only to flood again.  I'm super smart.  It's a front loading job and the door comes open when it's full of water.  Oh joyous day.

What is the housekeeper for if not to clean up messes while you are away?

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#3]
You DID empty the car, right?

I'd hate to see an update to this saying everything was stolen.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sammiches?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#5]
At least the Butler didn't scratch your Bentley loading up your MP5's for you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Need pics of the housekeeper and guns.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Your washing machine is in the kitchen?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#10]
How was the housekeeper in the sack?  You did say the day went to the pooper...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Gotta be a Neptune.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Even though it's full of weirdo's and artsy folks, Austin is a gorgeous city. The day is still young though if you can get it cleaned up, there's plenty of light left to go to the range. Stop by Ze Tejas on 6th and eat a burger and their fries and you'll feel better
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You DID empty the car, right?

I'd hate to see an update to this saying everything was stolen.

lol, the maid's unloading the car right now
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah right?... is that "housekeeper".... LEGAL??
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off topic: Dude, I was less than an inch from rear-ending a Bentley on Monday. Talk about sweating bullets.

I'll bet that was a pucker factor five! moment.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:47:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If I had a dollar for every call I get like this... well, this and mold issues.

Never leave the door closed (unless you're washing a load!).

Leaving the door open allows the machine to dry out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off topic: Dude, I was less than an inch from rear-ending a Bentley on Monday. Talk about sweating bullets.

I'll bet that was a pucker factor five! moment.

if that is the highest factor then YES!

I believe it is, pucker factor ten!  just doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I hope you dont have wood floors ... Just out of curiosity, how old is the machine?

Tile floors in utility room and adjoining kitchen.  Machine is 4 or 5 years old.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#20]
To answer a few more questions.

- Yes the housekeeping is legal.

- No, she's not pretty.

- I'm not rich, I just don't like to clean my house.

- I still need to unload the freaking car.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

- No, she's not pretty.

I'll just never get my head around having a complete stranger in my house while I'm gone.  Even when you think you "know" them they are still stealing from you in some way shape or form. Seen it happen dozens of times.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

- No, she's not pretty.

I  was just kidding with you.  If you had said that your Au Pair had phoned you, that would be a different story.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:02:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife just HAD to have front loaders b/c her mom had them, her brother had them (they had just gotten them and not had the probs yet), and they are SO much more efficient/easier to load w/ the EXTRA pedistals.

Well, my clothes smell like mildew, at least until I called the manufacturer and was informed of the PIA shit you have to do like draining it and running bleach/cleaning cycles.  Which, I had to ask in as smartass tone, how does this make them more efficient if I have to run empty loads?

As for the ease of loading, well, the way my laundry room is arranged, the dryer is on the left, and the WM is on the right.  Problem is that the DAMN DOOR TO THE WM IS IN THE WAY!!!  You can't switch the door around on it.  However, you can on the dryer for some damn reason.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off topic.......... nice avatar,is that Benny Lava
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that is why my wife leaves the door open all of the time. I keep closing it because it is in the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top