Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 5:52:14 AM EDT
Just got this email from them. You decide...................

Hi Everyone,
Not really to not take the alarmist, scare tactic route but we feel compelled to email the hundreds of thousands of casual gun people who come here every month (in addition to the hundreds of thousands of gun nuts) that the election of Barack Obama is almost definitely going to bring changes to the gun laws in the form of new taxes and hoops for gun dealers to jump through, as well as permanent bans on individuals selling firearms themselves.

The days of being able to bring grandpa's old guns to a gun show and sell them off in an afternoon are probably going to be gone within a short amount of time after President Elect Obama gets into office.

Most likely the entire American tradition of the gunshow will disappear.

There is a lot of media attention today about people in a frenzy to BUY GUNS, because they are afraid that they won't be able to get them.

But for those of us with closets full of guns we don't and most likely will never shoot, guns that we've procrastinated selling, there is a genuine danger to our ability to be to SELL THOSE GUNS OURSELVES in the future.

So if you don't want to end up losing 30% of their value because you have to transfer the gun out through a gun dealer, get moving and sell them now.

The DEMAND FOR GUNS IS HUGE. We have record traffic on GunsAmerica, and the gunshows are a zoo.

Take the time and sell your guns now, at a gunshow, on GunsAmerica, or any other legal venue.

And remember, if you ship a gun to someone, it has to be sent to a transfer FFL dealer in their state. There is no legal way to ship a gun to an individual, unless they personally are a Curio & Relic FFL holder, which only applies to old and collectible guns that are specifically on the list at the ATF website.

Some states have restrictions on individuals shipping out guns themselves as well. Ask a dealer in your state. We do not give legal advice. It is your responsability to ship guns out legally.

Also consider buying ammunition for the guns you have. There will almost definitely be a new tax coming on ammo.

That's all for now. We felt compelled to send something letting those detached from the problem know what is almost definately coming.

-ga

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I got it too.  They're just looking to drum up business.  Fuck them anyway for making me log in just to view pictures of guns for sale.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:21:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yeah, I got it too.  They're just looking to drum up business.  Fuck them anyway for making me log in just to view pictures of guns for sale.

That pisses me off.  And so does the rest of the site.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I know some folks are down on gunbroker.com, but I like them better than gunsamerica,com
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I never registered with them for that very reason, but I still look at their pics.

If you use Firefox, you can skip around that by RC-> View Image-> then delete the "sm_" from the URL, and just add or subtract #s to see all the images.  It's not as tedious as it sounds.

It turns this:

into this:
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#5]
They are probably not that far from the truth.  I sold a couple on gunbroker that I had planned on doing in the future.  Started them out at a fair, decent price and demand drove the bids up.  I don't feel as though I price gouged since I started it low and others decided what they wanted to pay for them.  

Clean conscience, good price, more funds for a suppressor.  Win, win.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I have not bought anything since they 'redesigned and improved' their website.

It Stinks and not being able to view photos without logging in is just dumb.

You try to make E-commerce transactions easier not more difficult.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#7]
ZOMG!!!!

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Whoo the hell sells their guns... i only buy them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top