Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 6:07:22 PM EDT
Knowing that Senator Stevens (R-AK) was in deep trouble, did you vote for him as an AK resident, or would you have voted for him if you were a resident of the state of Alaska?

Knowing that if he kept his seat and then resigned or if he was removed from office for his felony conviction, that Sarah Palin would then designate his replacement?

By the way, here are the "Ted Stevens defeated" threads on a similar (but not duplicate) topic.

Ted Stevens loss means closer to  filibuster proof Senate

End of an era

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I would vote for him if there was no viable alternative.  However, I don't condone breaking the law no matter what your party affiliation is.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I would vote for him based on the likelihood that he would be replaced with a Sarah appointee. If he was staying in office... I would not vote at all. Can't vote for a fucking D, but can't vote for a felonious R either.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would vote for him based on the likelihood that he would be replaced with a Sarah appointee. If he was staying in office... I would not vote at all. Can't vote for a fucking D, but can't vote for a felonious R either.

That would be a great name for a band........."Felonious R"
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I did, and you're welcome.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was hoping you would weigh in.  Any qualms about voting for Dear Old Teddy?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes the whole family did.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, he would have been removed by the Senate and the the Governor (Sarah Palin) would have appointed a Republican to replace him until the next election.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I voted a straight "R" ticket. That ticket included Sen. Ted Stevens.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Did vote for, absentee, before the trial results were back. Would I have voted for him after the trial? Yes, I don't think 12 DC residents is a jury of anyone's peers.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was hoping you would weigh in.  Any qualms about voting for Dear Old Teddy?

None whatsoever.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I voted a straight "R" ticket. That ticket included Sen. Ted Stevens.

This

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Uncle Ted got Fucked by the G men .
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Uncle Ted got Fucked by the G men .

Funny how the charges and trial coincidentally coincided with the elections, huh?

Weird how that works.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I damn sure voted for him and would again.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I voted for him as I hate Begich with a purple passion.

The trouble is, he was always better than the alternative.  

Teresa Obermeyer in 2002?  Ya, right.  She belongs in the nuthouse.    Rescuing some poor soul at Costo when he got cornered by Teresa...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:46:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I voted for Ted Stevens after  knowing Mark Begich as mayor of Anchorage.  I'd vote for a rock before Begich.

Mark Begich is the largest pos that has ever occupied the postion of mayor.

Ask any property owner in the municiplity how their property taxes and cost of service have fared with Bag itch.

I voted Stevens hoping to keep Begich out of the senate, and hopefully keep the dems one seat less.

My vote was early due to working remote, at the time he wasn't declared guilty.  Even if I knew the outcome of the verdict at that time I would still have voted for him.

Sarah Palin would have appointed anyone but Begich as acting Senator until a special election would have been held.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:56:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I would vote for almost any Republican, including Stevens, over almost any Democrat.  That's how the Liberal commies do it.  They have set the rules of engagement.  Don't they keep voting for Ted Kennedy?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I voted for Ted Stevens after  knowing Mark Begich as mayor of Anchorage.  I'd vote for a rock before Begich.

Mark Begich is the largest pos that has ever occupied the postion of mayor.

Ask any property owner in the municiplity how their property taxes and cost of service have fared with Bag itch.

Heheh, six years ago when Begich won, my liberal friend was gushing about how great Anchorage is going to be because of Begich being mayor.  Fast forward 6 years, he's a homeowner and complaining about how he just paid $8000 in property taxes.  And yeah, of course he voted for him for Senate so now his income taxes can be raised as well.  idiot.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh-oh

Witness against Stevens says he lied on stand

Nov 21 03:44 PM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) - One of the government's witnesses against convicted Sen. Ted Stevens of Alaska now says he wasn't truthful on the stand.
David Anderson, who worked on Stevens' house for VECO founder Bill Allen, testified during the trial that there was no agreement with the Justice Department for immunity for him, his family or friends in exchange for his testimony.

Anderson now says he did have an understanding with the Justice Department. This came out Friday in a letter Anderson wrote to U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan.

Stevens' lawyers want a hearing on Anderson's allegations. The Justice Department had no immediate comment.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D94JH1180&show_article=1
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Oh-oh

Witness against Stevens says he lied on stand

Nov 21 03:44 PM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) - One of the government's witnesses against convicted Sen. Ted Stevens of Alaska now says he wasn't truthful on the stand.
David Anderson, who worked on Stevens' house for VECO founder Bill Allen, testified during the trial that there was no agreement with the Justice Department for immunity for him, his family or friends in exchange for his testimony.

Anderson now says he did have an understanding with the Justice Department. This came out Friday in a letter Anderson wrote to U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan.

Stevens' lawyers want a hearing on Anderson's allegations. The Justice Department had no immediate comment.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D94JH1180&show_article=1

Stevens (and Alaska) were royally fucked over by the 'Justice' Department.

This guy was one of the most powerful men in America, and when the government decided to destroy him just because they could, they did.

What chance do you think you guys stand?  What is happening to this country?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#21]
He did nothing more than any other politician....HE JUST GOT CAUGHT!(framed)

They are all crooks...it just depends on where they stand on the issues!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#22]

I voted for him....

- Clint

ETA: ..... Hell, so did everybody I know!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top