Posted: 11/19/2008 2:32:55 PM EDT
http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2008/11/hello-muddah-hello-faddah.html

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah
The Summer Camp Letters of U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson

CAMP WAPSIPINOCONOMOWAC WISCONSIN
"Where Boys Learn the Ways of Nature"

June 8, 1956

Dear Mom and Dad,

How are you? I am fine. I am having fun at camp. Today we swam. I rememburd to wait 30 minutes after eating. The hot dogs were delishus. I am in a cabin with the older boys and there are 6 including me and I got a top bunk. Please send $1.75 for wallet project. I have to go now it is lites out.

Love,

Henry

June 16, 1956

Dear Mom and Dad,

How are things at home? It is O.K. here at camp exept some of the older boys tese me about my tallness and reseeding hairline. Thank you for the money. I won a badje for the wallet I made for Dad wich I have sent you. Today we swam again and did a wood burning project. Tonight we had a campfier and the older boys told gost stories about the snipes wich was realy realy scarey. I want to go home, please send money for a bus ticket it costs $18.

Love,

Henry

June 24, 1956

Dear Mom and Dad,

I am glad you liked my wallet I made for you. Thank you for the bus ticket money. I dont need to come home any more the other boys have been much nicer after I shared the bus money. Tonight they said they would let me go on the snipe hunt with them next week. Please send $10 for snipe hunt bags and suplys.

Your Son,

Henry

July 1, 1956

Dear Mom and Dad,

How are you? Thank you for the snipe hunt money. I am sorry because I will need a extra $12 snipe hunt money. Jimmy who is the leader of the older boys said it was to rainey for snipe hunting. Jimmy used the last money to buy some fiercrakers and bottel rockets from the stand down the road for the 4th of July. Please also send $8 for Jimmy to buy estra fiercrakers for me.  

Happy birthday America!

Henry

July 6, 1956

Dear Mom and Dad,

It is hot here in camp today but we cant swim because of the latreen blowed up from a big masterious fierworks exsplosion and contamonated the lake. That is why the camp is sending you a bill for $106.57 even it was not my fault. I was in bed when it happenned scouts honor. The camp counseler Mr. Beatty asked every body who buyed the fierworks and they all pointed at me. Jimmy says that I can finaley go on the snipe hunt friday night afted my punishment is over so please send $14 for suplys. Well have to go now Mr. Beatty is making me clean up the dead fish.

Love,

Henry

July 12, 1956

Dear Mom and Dad,

How are you? I am very tired. Last night was the big snipe hunt so I am realy tired. It was realy dark and scarey but Jimmy and the other boys stayed close to me most of the time. We heard a lowd noise in the woods and Jimmy told me it was a snipe and that I shood go check it out. I got lost and scarred. When I got back there were cigaret buts and beer cans all over the ground. There was also a nauty lady magazine but I did'nt peek I promise. Jimmy said they must have been from the snipe. Jimmy says the really big snipes like drinking beer and little kids blood. I had a nitemare last night and cood'nt sleep. Jimmy says we can keep the snipes away from the camp if we just had enouf money for playboys and beer and cigarets. Please send me $25 dollars for snipe bate I dont want to die! Also please sent $8 to Mr. Beatty for a new mattress becase I wet the bed last nite realy bad.

Your Son,

Henry

July 21, 1956

Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for the snipe money. All the kids in camp even the older boys say I am a hero for saving everybody from the snipes. I even get to sit at the big tabel at lunch time. When I was giving the snipe money envalope to Jimmy Mr. Beatty saw us and aksed what was going on. Jimmy told him and Mr. Beatty looked kind of funny. But then Mr. Beatty also said I was a hero to! And gave me a speshial hero badje!

Mr. Beatty said no more snipe hunts becuase it is to dangerus and these are exstra big snipes the kind that coold eat lots of kids. He said he and his grownup frends from the colege will keep watch out for the snipes but it will cost allot a exstra money for snipe traps and things. Mr. Beatty says $700 oght to do it. Please help!! The hole camp is in danger!!

Love,

Henry

Augest 3, 1956

Dear Mom and Dad,

I have good new and bad news!  The good news is that Mr. Beatty and colege frends have keept the snipes away from the camp sence my last letter. The bad news is that they are geting closer every night and the sounds are geting lowder and scarier. There are cigarets and beer cans everyware and even real girl underpants. Mr. Beatty is geting realy tired and dosen't get out of his cabin till after lunch. He says to thank you for the $700 dolars but unless he gets another $300 were all goners from the snipes and also because the camp is runing out of food. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!!! I am to young to dye!!

Love,

Henry

OFFICE OF JUVENILE PROTECTIVE SERVICES
WAPSIPINOCONOMOWAC COUNTY WISCONSIN
"Keeping Our Community's Children Safe"

Augest 9, 1956

Dear Mom and Dad,

How are you? I am fine. I am sorry about the troubel and having to cansel your vacation. Sherrif Olsen says they cant find your money but Jimmy is headed to reform school and Mr. Beatty will probly go to jail for at least a month. On the ride to the polise stashion he even let me play the siren! Sherrif Olsen says he will drive me to the bus stashion as soon as you wire $18 for the ticket. Also he says you might have to drive me back here next month to testafy for Mr. Beattys trial.

I cant wait to get home to show you my badjes! Also I am sorry Dad is out of money but I hope he are enjoying the wallet I made.

Your Son,

Henry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top