Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 1:14:21 PM EDT
I have one that somehow, while it was outside drying out from being steam cleaned, got a good amout of oil on it, and I need to find a new one.  I am not looking to spend more than $80-$100, which seems impossible to do for a full size futon mattress, they are all over 150 before shipping.  Sleeping on the air mattress is getting old.  Anybody?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
try Big Lots, got a replacement there about 6 months ago for 99.00.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Drive thru any apartment complex in the "depressed" area of your city/town... there's always one at the curb with the other various household items after an eviction.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Online??? That would be pricey to ship.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
try Big Lots, got a replacement there about 6 months ago for 99.00.

Yeah, they want almost 160 now, just for the damn mattress, and I havent been able to find anyplace near here that sells just the mattresses, except for Big Lots.  Basically this entire city is a depressed area BTW

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Online??? That would be pricey to ship.

So are you telling me that it won't fit into a flat rate box?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Cost prohibitive to ship.  You'll do better locally.  

Any mattress store in your town is going to have them.  Try looking for something like "discount mattress" or "mattress liquidators" in your local yellow pages.  I was in an "unclaimed freight liquidator" shop the other day that had astack of them for $80 each.  

Remember, the cheap ones might not be  as comfortable as the pricier ones, so lay on it to try it out.

Be sure to get the right size for your frame.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
We have a store dedicated to futons. But, I live in the PRK and you don't. >shrug<
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top