Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 12:38:28 PM EDT

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/34747279.html

The emotional funeral of Christopher L. Thomas Jr. erupted in violence today as family and friends of the child's birth mother and father clashed in bitter frustration.

Christopher's foster mother, Crystal P. Keith, was charged last week with beating the 13-month-old boy to death and with torturing his 2-year-old sister. Crystal Keith is married to the brother of the child's birth father, whose name is also Christopher Thomas.

The dispute simmered throughout the service but erupted near its end, as people lined up near the open casket to pay their final respects.

Several people began to taunt Thomas, who sat at the front of the Serenity Funeral Home chapel, his eyes closed.

Who threw the first blow was unclear. Thomas was punched on the left side of his face. He was removed from the chapel and taken to a couch, the left side of his face severely swollen, a bloody gash beneath his left eye.

In the chapel, chairs were thrown aside and flower displays were knocked over. Several people grabbed the boy's casket to keep it from being flung down.

As people cried out for calm, the fight spread to the funeral home lobby and into the street. An ambulance arrived at the front of funeral home just as the casket was carried out the back and loaded into a hearse.

The hearse hurriedly pulled away toward Graceland Cemetery, followed by a small group of cars. In an area of the cemetery designated Baby Land, a quick graveside service was held at a plot donated by the county.

Most of the handful of people at the graveside appeared to be family and friends of the child's birth mother, Candace Glover.

Glover, weeping as she clutched several stuffed animals to her chest, was too distraught to leave the back seat of her car.

Family members said they did not have enough money to rent a place to gather after the funeral. They stood in the cemetery near their cars and grieved.

That's some messed up family there. Bet they think it's all Bush's fault too.

Poor kid.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
At first I thought white trash...then I thought...
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]

EDIT (COC)
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Str8 thuggin boyeeee
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
At first I thought white trailer trash...then I thought...

My first thought also.

So why were they mad at the dad when the mom killed him?

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#5]
what, like none of you guys ever got in a fight at a baby's funeral before?  
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I dunno, anytime a baby gets beat to death there's a beatdown coming to somebody. Probably the first time all these people were in a room together, doesn't seem so strange to me, hard to say without knowing a bit more about the obviously twisted up familial relationships involved...

Hard for me to even think about stuff like this, my daughter is the same age...
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Funny, the pics caught me off guard too.

Really a tragedy, but I can see how with such a horrific crime, and the perceived blame on the part of some attendees would've sparked this.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I wish I had not clicked this thread.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#9]
As people cried out for calm, the fight spread to the funeral home lobby and indescreet. An ambulance arrived at the front of funeral home just as the casket was carried out the back and loaded into a hearse.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]
The article says it all.  There is nothing I could possibly add to the obvious.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#12]
If only Obama had been elected sooner.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I assumed they were not white from the get go.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh I see what they did there....
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok so Foster mother kills foster child and foster father is also uncle. Foster mother and foster father are married. Birth father is foster father brother.

Then Birth father is attacked for not stopping murder, by family of birth Mother?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#16]
negro is as negro does
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Personally I am surprised that no shots were fired or anyone cut.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#19]
boom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top