BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Ahhh Amway.. how many ways can I say I hate it.. lol

Many many years ago, when I was just out of college with a ton of bills to pay, while looking for a real job, I was waiting tables.  We had this amway group come in every wed night, for a meeting.. and of course I was lucky enough to have to wait on them every time they came in.

The "leader" (A nice but pushy woman) took an interest in me, told me how smart I was.. how I would be great for "the business" and so on. Gave me free products, even offered to let me sit in on a meeting.

I didn't have money to join up, nor did I want to.. but I had to be nice because they were good tippers AND customers of the restaurant.

Finally I told her flat out.. I could not do it, was not interested and please stop asking me to join.  I was very polite about it.

About a week later after they had come in, I get called into my managers office.. he tells me that the amway group said I was rude and snippy to them the other night they were in.  The only thing that saved me, (and what the big boss amway woman didn't know) Is that I had called in sick that night.. and DIDN'T wait on them.

I explained the whole situation to him and my boss laughed, when he saw that I had called out sick that night, after that the group NEVER came in again.  

They really put me in an awkward situation and since then I flat out tell people no thanks when they offer me amway.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I always give the Amway both barrels, wether I know them or now, wether they're friends or enemies.

I carpooled to high school with a kid who's parents were heavy into Amway.
Their entire basement was an Amway recruiting depot/media room.

Every day, the kid couldn't play football because he had to unload the latest shipment of Amway crap.

Twenty five years later, I hope he hates his parents.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quick Star(t) is the big scam here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I used this line once and got this response...  it was a very wierd momemt, I felt sorry for the guy and his wife...  we met at a Perkins.  I was looking for a job and his was Amway...  

Try this...

Lloyd Dobler: "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amway (now Quixtar) is a business devised by Mormons.

IBTL

While I appreciate the fact that you want to lay everything you find negative at the feet of Mormons, you ought to check you facts before you start spewing your misinformation.  Neither founder of Amway was a Mormon.  Michigan never had the largest population of Mormons.  Just because you hate us does not mean you need to go out of your way to attack us.

I have a friend who sells Amway and I buy things from time to time.  I told him I was not interested in selling and he respected that.

You are highly mistaken...highly. BOTH founders were very much mormon...go look it up on Google.

I'm surprised that you're so ignorant of the roots of your own religion...It just boggles the mind. Ohio AND Michigan at one time had a MUCH larger population of LDS than Utah. Who do you think WENT to Utah?

BTW...I have nothing against mormons, just the dogma of most any religion that has a human founder.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top