Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2008 5:03:56 PM EDT
What Salsa dips have you tried and liked from the stores ? There must be dozens of different brands to choose from. So far, I like Ortega Salsa.

Ortega Salsa
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
jalapenos
tomatoes
onion
cilantro
lime juice
???
profit!

Almost all the premade stuff sucks, make your own!  only takes a minute with a chopper.

If I had to pick one out of a jar, a TX grocery chain (HEB) has a decent storebranded one.  If I can't get that and don't have what I need to make some, just Pace hot would be OK for drinking salsa.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as the jarred pasturized salsa goes I like La Victoria. Resers and Rojos make a good fresh salsa, but it doesn't store like the pasturized. The fresh salsa taste better, but you better use it within a couple days of opening it. I think that Chevy's makes the best restaraunt salsa, they will also make fresh guacamole for you at your table. They ask how spicy you want it and add fresh, diced jalapanoes to get the result.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
jalapenos
tomatoes
onion
cilantro
lime juice
???
profit!

Almost all the premade stuff sucks, make your own!  only takes a minute with a chopper.

About right.

For pre made stuff, try Hell on the Red.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
jalapenos habaneros
tomatoes
onion
cilantro
lime juice
???
profit!

If I had to pick one out of a jar, a TX grocery chain (HEB) has a decent storebranded one.  If I can't get that and don't have what I need to make some, just Pace hot would be OK for drinking salsa.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
the best salsa that comes in a jar is desert pepper brand black bean, roasted red pepper and corn.....and I'm a salsa fiend....

...otherwise fresh homemade salsa is the best.....
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Clint's Texas Salsa has been getting destroyed two bottles at a time at my Kroger lately.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
PACE brand Picante is the best.  

-Ben
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Newman's Pineapple salsa ftmfw.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Pace Chunky Salsa - Medium.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Make your own!

onion
jalapenos
tomatoes
––––-grill
garlic
lime juice
cilantro
vinegar
––––-blend

done!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
PACE brand Picante is the best.  

-Ben

what he said.  especially the Hot sauce.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top