BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 11/17/2008 11:01:44 AM EDT
Prop 8

Yes = Gay marriage banned

No =  Allow gay marriage

My very blue state of CA voted YES by 52% to ban gay marriage, but judging from this thread, it seems arfcom is MORE liberal than CA???  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=789337

So vote and tell me it ain't so........................Arfcom more liberal than California????

Me?  I voted Yes on 8, which bans gay marriage, let'em call it something else because it sure ain't traditional marriage.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Lets ban divorce also since we're talking about how sacred marriage is... it shouldn't be something that 50% of folks end up breaking.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lets ban divorce also since we're talking about how sacred marriage is... it shouldn't be something that 50% of folks end up breaking.

Don't throw out arguments that are tangents.  Keep to the topic.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If I can keep my guns and cans. They can sword fight.

I don't understand it, and I don't agree with it, but its their life

Its not hurting me so I will let it happen.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#5]
no, but don't much give a shit really, probably wouldn't have voted on that
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Ban Gay Marriage.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No offense, but its that kind of moral apathy that is contributing to the ruin of our great country.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I vote for the govt to butt out of people's personal lives.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes.  Ban it.  Why ?  Because I find most of the proponents of the gay rights movement to be annoying.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't support legalizing weed before some one jumps my ass. That affects other people. I don't want my kids to hear that its ok in school, it should be left to the parents at home.

my .02
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Why ban it? If you want people to stop having sex, isn't marriage usually a quick way to stop it?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't care either way but don't get butt hurt if I don't attend any meeting or community activities with this thing going on in plain view.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Ban It.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense, but its that kind of moral apathy that is contributing to the ruin of our great country.  

I feel that alot of people on the other side think that its the same with guns.
"I don't need one so why should they need one."

I feel that gays are people too, just like the slaves.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I voted no because if we start voting to take away a group of peoples rights, who's next?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Not how would, how I did vote.

Yes.

The way I look at it, they'd (homosexual/leftist groups) ban guns if they could. So I figured it was sort of a pre-emptive strike. You ban my guns, I ban your marriage.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm going to repost this from another thread:

I have a bisexual friend that got all pissed off at me because I voted yes on Prop 8. She couldn't understand/believe that I could care less what the LGBT community does behind closed doors. I actually want them to get all the same "rights and privileges" that come with marriage, so they can be effected by the division of property at time of divorce and all the other fun stuff that goes with marriage. If they just fought to have Civil Unions be exactly the same from a tax and inheritance and health benefit standpoint I would vote for that.

What I do care about is them coming into the public schools and forcing children (down to the age of 5) without their parents consent to learn about stuff that for 80-90% of the population is abhorrent. And not just learn about it, but sign LGBT ally cards swearing that you would be an ally to any of them if the situation arose. Or taking first graders to throw flower pedals on the step of the courthouse after a gay wedding. This is in KINDERGARDEN for craps sake. It's not enough that the sex ed teacher in the seventh grade classroom is passing out condoms to the kids but to advocate LGBT lifestyle as normal and right?!?!?!? Also there have been a number of people high up in the LGBT movement that have talked about suing churches or jeopardizing their tax status for discrimination and/or hate crimes for refusing to perform marriages or allowing them use of the chapel.

What it comes down to is if they insist on trying to get affirmation for their way of life they are going to continue being scorned by the straight population.

Jer

ETA: no, my bi friend is not hot!!!! don't ask!!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I voted no because if we start voting to take away a group of peoples rights, who's next?

Peoples rights?  A "right" they've had since July 08 when the CA supreme court gave them that "right" over the voice of the people in 2000........

It's not about gay rights, its about stopping the moral decay of the greatest nation on earth.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn straight, we should all be worrying about how others live their lives, its what made America great!

I thought the whole point of America was that you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't effect me, and I can do whatever I want as long as it doesn't effect you?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Personally... I think gay marriage should be legal.

Not because I think it's a 'civil rights" issue, or that it's Constitutionally protected (I think it's neither a "civil rights" or Constitutional issue), but because it's not the governments or any religious institutions business what consenting adults may or may not do.

The less government and less religious influence in our lives the better.

However... I would have voted Yes on question 8 as a big fuck you to the CA liberals (especially San Fransisco).

The state has little or no problem denying/restricting it's citizens 2nd amendment rights... and in San Fransisco's case (a city with a large gay community), they voted to ban handguns and firearms sales in the city... more than once and with the full backing of the Mayor and city council.

So, fuck'em.

They want to deny the rights of others?... Well two can play that game.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm going to repost this from another thread:

I have a bisexual friend that got all pissed off at me because I voted yes on Prop 8. She couldn't understand/believe that I could care less what the LGBT community does behind closed doors. I actually want them to get all the same "rights and privileges" that come with marriage, so they can be effected by the division of property at time of divorce and all the other fun stuff that goes with marriage. If they just fought to have Civil Unions be exactly the same from a tax and inheritance and health benefit standpoint I would vote for that.

What I do care about is them coming into the public schools and forcing children (down to the age of 5) without their parents consent to learn about stuff that for 80-90% of the population is abhorrent. And not just learn about it, but sign LGBT ally cards swearing that you would be an ally to any of them if the situation arose. Or taking first graders to throw flower pedals on the step of the courthouse after a gay wedding. This is in KINDERGARDEN for craps sake. It's not enough that the sex ed teacher in the seventh grade classroom is passing out condoms to the kids but to advocate LGBT lifestyle as normal and right?!?!?!? Also there have been a number of people high up in the LGBT movement that have talked about suing churches or jeopardizing their tax status for discrimination and/or hate crimes for refusing to perform marriages or allowing them use of the chapel.

What it comes down to is if they insist on trying to get affirmation for their way of life they are going to continue being scorned by the straight population.

Jer

ETA: no, my bi friend is not hot!!!! don't ask!!!!

+1

I like this guy, he has a level head on his shoulders.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn straight, we should all be worrying about how others live their lives, its what made America great!

I thought the whole point of America was that you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't effect me, and I can do whatever I want as long as it doesn't effect you?

Could you explain how this affects your life?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Peoples rights?  A "right" they've had since July 08 when the CA supreme court gave them that "right" over the voice of the people in 2000........

It's not about gay rights, its about stopping the moral decay of the greatest nation on earth.  

Does the longevity of a right make it any less of a right?

And how does two people who love each other getting married and trying to be happy contribute to the moral decay of America??
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't have a problem with gay marriage, what I have a problem with is the crap that'll come along with it. ie: The article posted a month ago about all the gay stuff that they now teach in the education system because Mass made gay marriage legal.

Keep social issues like that out of school.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't have a problem with gay marriage, what I have a problem with is the crap that'll come along with it. ie: The article posted a month ago about all the gay stuff that they now teach in the education system because Mass made gay marriage legal.

Keep social issues like that out of school.

+1 If I can't pray they can't be gay.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And how does two people who love each other getting married and trying to be happy contribute to the moral decay of America??

1st question:   It's not about the "longevity" of the right, its the fact that the super-liberal CA supreme court overturned the voice of the people on the matter.

2nd question:  I can't believe this even has to addressed.  Homosexuality is bad for the nation, bad for communities, bad for individuals.  Maybe you'd have to live in CA to understand how the gay agenda is pushed in every aspect of life here.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1st question:   It's not about the "longevity" of the right, its the fact that the super-liberal CA supreme court overturned the voice of the people on the matter.

2nd question:  I can't believe this even has to addressed.  Homosexuality is bad for the nation, bad for communities, bad for individuals.  Maybe you'd have to live in CA to understand how the gay agenda is pushed in every aspect of life here.  

I feel that it will be better if .gov would just stay the fuck out of the whole thing.
Just like firearm ownership. If you are a good citizen, they souldn't be able to say shit.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok you lost me.  Exactly how is one homosexual marrying another homosexual bad for the nation, the community and the individual?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Here's two dresses and a cake.  You kids have fun.

- BG
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Gay marriage will inevitably lead to a quota system for adoption.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#32]
The social conservatives know that they maintain the mob power required to amend Constitutions to seal state judges from ruling on this issue and that this power will come to an end before long.  In California they barely had enough to do it.  One of two things will happen here: a) the law will remain until the vote comes up again and it goes the other way (probably within a few years in California, more for other states) or b) the Federal courts will rule on this as a 14th amendment issue.

So it's a short-lived victory for the crowd that wants to ban it.  What I really don't get is this group of people who say they support civil unions then blabber about the 'sanctity of traditional marriage' and whatnot.  It's a legal contract, either you support their right to enter it or you don't.  Don't tell me it's a sanctimonious thing that only the righteous can participate in.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#33]
No gay marriage. Civil union or whatever, fine.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#34]
So it's a short-lived victory for the crowd that wants to ban it.

Not when a million plus Catholics are sneaking into the country every year.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Gay marriage will inevitably lead to a quota system for adoption.

Thats not what we are talking about.

I wouldn't want that, but that doesn't mean that there are not good gay parents out there.
Better then the crack smokin unemployed mother of 5 with 4 different baby dadies.

IMO.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don't mind unions where you get the SAME benefits as marriage, just don't call it marriage.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Prop 8

Yes = Gay marriage banned

No =  Allow gay marriage

My very blue state of CA voted YES by 52% to ban gay marriage, but judging from this thread, it seems arfcom is MORE liberal than CA???  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=789337

So vote and tell me it ain't so........................Arfcom more liberal than California????

Me?  I voted Yes on 8, which bans gay marriage, let'em call it something else because it sure ain't traditional marriage.

that part
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Yes - in favour of gay people being able to marry, as I would expect any libertarian to vote.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So it's a short-lived victory for the crowd that wants to ban it.

Not when a million plus Catholics are sneaking into the country every year.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Everyone needs to be equal in this country.

No gay marriage? fine. No marriage for anyone. Quick way to lower the divorce rate. No one is a second class citizen.

Don't want to use the word marriage? fine. straights and gays alike go to the court house and get a civil union license. If your so inclined, get a preacher to sign it so your "married". Other wise get anyone that is lawful to sign it. No one is a second class citizen.

This.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#42]
I hate this topic because it usually consists of people that have no idea what they are talking about. Most all of the people that are anti gay 1) Have never met a gay person (or if they have they didn't know it), 2) Derive their beliefs from what their religion's tells them (Homosexuality is only mentioned twice in the Bible), 3) Believe that every gay person is like the ultra-flamers portrayed on TV 4) Believes it is a choice, and not something you could be born with.

I personally have no problem with it. Why would you? Afraid of the moral corruption of the American ideal? Trust me hetero couples have had long enough and look where we are now.

Some things that many people fail to realize is that the majority of gays are CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS! Gays on average are higher wage earners than straights, and believe heavily in strong family values. The only reasons gays ever have anything to do with the Liberal parties is that the fundamental types of the Right reject and scorn them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Funny is I agree to a legal union the same as marriage is between two of the opposite sex-same legal estate rights, same tax breaks-but not to let them call it 'MARRIAGE'.  Let them be as miserable as anyone else.  Call it legal partners or common law union or something and everyone will be happy..

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't think anybody should get married period.  However, let them marry.  They should be able to enjoy a divorce from hell like the rest of us.  Can you imagine the bitch fights when they divorce?  Why deprive the rest of us of that comedy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Idea,

We give the gay's their rights if they back the gun owners rights.

Therefore furture awb = fail.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Marriage isn't a right. It's a Sacrament. I voted yes. It's the Fags that want to take our guns away.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#47]
I'd wouldn't vote on it.  Non-issue
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#48]
the choice is obvious here, it's like asking do you like guns
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#49]
I ONLY support gay marriage if BOTH chicks are hawt.  In order for this to be decided, there will be an arfcom poll.  Then, they will get their marriage license.

But if I can't have that then I say just ban fags, who gives a flying fuck about their marriage.  I just don't like THEM.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Gay protest ate just so....well...gay!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top