Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2001 7:07:02 AM EDT
Please help me out with BradMajors, who thinks it's possible for anyone to walk into a gun show and walk out with a live, functional automatic firearm.

I am cayeres289.

Weenies moved the thread.

[url]http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=335&forum=DCForumID38&omm=0[/url]

[made link active. - CK]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I try,
but my account is messed up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:16:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll try, that guy needs some explaining, just waiting on my password.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Have him join AR15 forum, and get edjumukated.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#4]
BradMajors was quick to play the 'slander' card, but apparently he didn't read this case:
[url]http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/172455.html[/url]

in which a california appeals court says that typical message board messages are only represented as opinions, not facts, and aren't slander or libel.

Unless he wants to call the California Appeals Court a liar... [:)]

Viper Out
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#5]
maybe he actually needs to go to a gunshow and see how hard/easy it is to buy guns? and then someone needs to take him to the range.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:28:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Please help me out with BradMajors, who thinks it's possible for anyone to walk into a gun show and walk out with a live, functional automatic firearm.
View Quote

Techinically, It is possible. Not legally since background checks have to be done by mail for nfa. Don't fool yourself lot's of illegal shit goes on at gun shows, don't discount it just because the antis use it to their advantage and a bunch of guys on bulletin boards say that all gun-owners are "law-abiding-citizens."

Lot's of illegal shit goes on at Phil Lesh concerts too, I'm sure there's a few crazy buzzcut guys here who'd like to see that "hippy queer shit" banned.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#7]
That guy is an idiot. Looks like some of us are slapping him around real good though.

Spav
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Brad's opened himself up a hornet's nest now.

Thanks for the support, guys!

[50]

BTW - I saw lots of machineguns and subguns and grenade launchers for sale at the Crossroads of the West in Del Mar, CA on Saturday.

All de-milled of course, but the VPC and the Washington Post tend to omit details like that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:49:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I posted for ya, the bastid tried to make my state look bad.

Blackshades=Ice
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys have a lot of patience dealing with BradMajors.  

Also, DU must have eased up on their dictoral banning methods, allowing for some different opinions.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that, but I guess if you're not flaming too bad, and not saying bad things about the Dem., then I guess they lightened up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#12]
DU is somewhat tolerant of differing opinions.

But they are VERY intolerant of negative personal remarks made about DU members, especially the moderators.  Never, EVER call anyone a name, accuse them of lying, etc. and they'll let you say just about anything.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#13]
California_Kid  your signature reminded me of someone on the Yahoo board (cayeres209).

It surely can't be you!  check it out and give them an education also!

[url]http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?action=m&board=7088116&tid=guncontroldebate&sid=7088116&mid=1&type=date&first=1[/url]

oops
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Gun_Control_Debate/[/url]
see:   left column>Yahoo Gun Control Debate
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#14]
It really makes you kind of sad to know that this much ignorance abounds among people who vote.  Let's just make sure that there are enough of us voting to cancel out his idiocy.  That is our only hope.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Some people are beyond ejikatin.'

They tend to all be democrats.

Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
California_Kid  your signature reminded me of someone on the Yahoo board (cayeres209)...
View Quote

There's a Cayeres289 on Yahoo! as well.  A parody of Cayeres209.

In fact, he just posted there a minute ago!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top